promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What does friends with benefits mean?

I really like this guy, but he is three years older than me. And when he found that out he asked me if i just wanted to be friends with benefits. What does that mean?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He doesn't want to date you, he just wants to have sex with you. I'd recommend you stay away from that kind of interaction, it only leads to confusion and heartbreak. If you're really willing to accept that he has no emotional attachment to you, then go for it, but as you already stated, you really like him (i.e., you already have an emotional attachment to him), so you will more than likely be hurt if/when he starts an actual relationship with someone else.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Friends with benefits means you can be friends without any emotional attachments having sexual relations. Having this type of "friendship" is detrimental to women because not only is it a "booty call", the possibility of other things like pregnancy no matter how careful you may think you are, will always leave you feeling used.

I wouldn't do it if I were you! Good luck.

Source(s): Life experiences.
  • 1 decade ago

A friend you have sex with. Remember you are friends not like lovers. Only a real stud would want this kind of relationship. If the guy that said it to you is not a stud then hes just being a D1ck. Stay clear for the d1cks in this world.

• 1 decade ago

He sounds like a creep. Friends with Benefits means that you have absolutely no strings attached, but you make out and kiss (or whatever it is) whenever your together. It means he can get action without having to call you the next day or take you out on dates or tell anyone he's dating you. It means he can kiss you and go out with another girl later that day. Ditch the loser fast.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Friends with benefits or FWB is where you are friends as such but also have casual consensual sex with each other. Too bad you're not my neighbour, i'd like that friendship

• 1 decade ago

This basically means that he really wants to be friends still and not be attached or have any commitments to eachother. But he does want to be able to have sex with you and be really close.

This could also be because he wants to date you maybe, but he doesnt want to ruin your "friendship"!

So be careful, if this is what you want, then great! But if not, this "friendship" may not be easy. Do what you want to do!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Two friends who have a sexual realtionship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogomous relationship or any kind of commitment

Source(s): urbandictionary.com
  • 1 decade ago

it means he has access to all the doors and window when he wants but does not need to live in the house full time or pay the rent/ mortgage.

• 1 decade ago

It means that you're friends, but it could possibly turn into something more. Is your last name by any chance Fong?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its like a friend who u also casually screw around with basically hes using u for no strings fun

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.