NHL 09 Xbox 360 problem?

Every time I want to play a quick online team match i get the xbox 360 menu slide in from the right side saying the disk is "unreadable." I just bought it and it has no scratches, I honestly can't see it being "unreadable." So far its only online multiplayer that's making it unreadable, but the guy at EB games said that other people are having the same problem. I can't remember how he said to fix it so I'm hoping someone here does. How do I fix this problem for NHL 09?

Favorite Answer

Important NHL 09 Note

NHL_Producer_Blog_Imagemini

Hi everyone, David Littman here.

First off I would like to say thanks to everyone for making this the most successful NHL launch we have ever had. NHL 09 is getting great reviews, and the feedback from the community has been overwhelmingly positive. Judging by how many people have bought this game worldwide in just one week...hockey is back in a big way.

The EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL) has been such a success that we were not prepared for the online traffic. There have already been almost 10,000 teams created, and over 50,000 people have played in the EASHL. We are working to add more servers and improve any issues that you have called out.

There have been a small percentage of XBOX 360 consumers that have been getting "dirty disc" messages. If you get this message, clear your cache in the XBOX 360 dashboard. Here is how you do that:

Turn on your XBOX 360 console without a disc so that the dashboard loads.

Scroll over to the last blade on the dashboard and select "memory."

Press the "Y" button to access the "device manager."

Press this button combination to clear your XBOX 360 memory cache:

X,X,LB,RB,X,X

Once finished, you'll get a response indicating that you've successfully cleared your cache.

Once finished, load up your NHL 09 disc and continue playing.

We are also working on a patch that will fix this issue for most people. We have listened to your gameplay feedback and some controller functionality feedback, so we will fix those in the patch as well. Keep your feedback coming. We are listening. Details to follow on the patch date.

One more thing about the EASHL. There will be a play-off at the end of the season. The top teams on the 360 will play against each other for the 360 Championship. The top teams on the PS3 will play against each other for the PS3 Championship. Consider that the conference finals. The two conference championship teams (the top 6 players from each team that you choose to represent you in the finals) will be flown to the EAC studio for the EASHL Championship. You will play a best of seven series against each other. Consider your console as home ice. You will be playing the finals on both - 2 home, 2 away, 1 home, 1 away, 1 home. Details will be coming soon on specific dates. Good luck to all.

ok I had the perfect comparable undertaking as you matt my call is matt too besides i actual went and acquired a sparkling NHL 09 disc comparable factor took place. Its not the disc i think of it has to do with the 360 I sprayed a number of that compressed air stuff it rather is presented in a can appeared to get the airborne dirt and dust out now it works appropriate for now atleast. So only get keyboard air purifier compressed air style factor it rather is presented in a can spray it in the lower back and the cd stress might desire to help sparkling it out do not the can tilt it once you're spraying.