NONE asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

what are the percents of languages spoken in ecuador?

where can i find a graph in percents that shows languages spoken in ecuador?????????

thank you PLEASE REPLY FAST BECUASE I HAVE A PROJECT DUE IN 2 DAYS..........S.O.S

Favorite Answer

"The official language of Ecuador is Spanish, spoken by about 93% of the population. The Spanish of the coastal areas is similar to that of the other lowland areas of Latin America, maintaining something of the Andalusian characteristics, especially the dropping or slurring of the consonants represented by s and d. In the isolated highlands, a more precise Castilian pronunciation is found, but many words and even some of the singsong intonations of Quechua, the Amerindian language, have crept into the Spanish.

Nearly 7% of the total population speak only Quichua, a dialect of the Quechua language, while another 6% speak it in addition to Spanish. Quechua was imposed on the Amerindians of Ecuador by the conquering Incas in the 15th century, supplanting a number of unrelated languages. Remnants of these forgotten languages are retained in many modern place names. There has been little detailed study of the languages of the jungle tribes of the Oriente."

Languages Spoken In Ecuador

Official Language Of Ecuador

• Daniel

How old are you? I've seen a couple of your questions and you are nothing more than a juvenile idiot. The end of the Republican party is not near. "Very shortly the population of Hispanics will be greater then any other in the US. Some xenophobic americans are afraid and consider the change in demographics an "invasion", nobody is "invading". The country is changing and unfortunately Hatred is growing among some people. Just face it Hispanics will be the majority and you cant stop it, no matter what! And yes spanish will be the language of this nation" Spanish will never be the main language of this nation. I can't even bother reasoning with you. I bet you're some punk a s s kid who gets C's in school. You are also probably an anchor baby. We are not against hispanics. It just so happens that they make up the largest percentages. The people we get from Latin America are uneducated. We do not need those types of unskilled people entering our nations. The only reasoning their populations keep growing is because they breed like rabbits due to their backwards culture and lack of education. I've seen other racist posts you've made and let me tell you, I can assure you you most likely have some white blood in you. You are an idiot.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): percents languages spoken ecuador: https://shortly.im/NlrJ9

100% of people speak one or more languages.