Do you think teen literature is ridiculed? ?

Such as people believing that reading YA is so childish or it isn't challenging enough or there is no literary value to any YA book what-so-ever?
Update: Julian--Please, grow a pair. Analyze what you read. What I wrote was not a Twilight bashing article. And it got great raves, thank you very much.
Update 2: ME-I agree there are exceptions. You just have to dig for it. I love the Gemma Doyle trilogy, personally. It's easy to read, but it's one of those books you have to analyze to fully understand the theme. A lot of people don't realize that. They think the Gemma Doyle trilogy is just what's written.... show more ME-I agree there are exceptions. You just have to dig for it. I love the Gemma Doyle trilogy, personally. It's easy to read, but it's one of those books you have to analyze to fully understand the theme. A lot of people don't realize that. They think the Gemma Doyle trilogy is just what's written. Well, it most certainly is not!
Update 3: Books by Eva Ibottson. Books by Diana Wynne Jones. If you love Harry Potter, you'll enjoy her. The Burn Journals. Anna Godberson, but I liked her first book a lot better than her second book. CUT, you definitely have to analyze that one. It took me a second read through to fully understand teh main character.
Update 4: I think all romance books are the same, especially those Harlequin ones.