What's the deal with this?

I've been thinking and saw a comercial advertisement for some disney princess movies. And a thought occured to me. There have been some complaints over the years about animes and their content containing romance and stuff. But, I've noticed that some of the disney movies have the same thing but they don't receive complaints about them. Why is that?

Hey 3Q, not all animes have suggestive romance scenes. There were scenes I've seen in alot kidomo shows that weren't suggestive in any way. Come to think of it, I remember seeing that Disney Fantasia Movie and it had some suggestive sequences in it. In fact, there were quite a few disney films that were approved for kids but had content that wasn't.

Favorite Answer

Because Japanese animes frequently contain suggestive images (known as ecchi) in their romance genres.

Western stuff is generally milder in graphic content, since Disney is aimed at younger persons and Marvel only ever does action stuff like Spiderman.