Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

what is this???? cm question?

I ovulated the last part of sep. (did opk's) now a week before my period is suppose to start my cm still seems wet,usually I have "the dry days" but now my cm is cloudy and even some what stretchy, I'm not sure what to make of this, could it be a good sign?

• Chels
    Favorite Answer

CM is not a reliable indicator of early pregnancy. It could be that you have had an extra estrogen surge and that can cause some fertile looking CM. Unfortunately, I typically notice some stretchy CM right before my period.

Good luck to you!!!

Hi,

I'm in the same situation. My period is now 5 days late. I ovulated in mid-September, but towards the end of ovulation, when I was supposed to get 'dry', I just kept having CM all the way until now. This isn't normal for me at all! The CM and discharge I have is cloudy/milky white, and there's enough of it so every time I think it's my period and run to the bathroom - but there's no period! I don't know if I'm pregnant yet - I'll take a test on Tuesday - but I think chances are high that I am, especially since usually I don't get my period late. Also, I've heard that such discharge can be a sign of pregnancy, especially if you normally don't get a discharge around the time of your period (I don't).

Don't get your hopes up too high, though, until you actually miss your period. Then test! You can test earlier, too, but then don't get disappointed if it's negative!

Good luck to you!

When I fell pregnant I had an overdose of cm. When a woman falls pregnant the cervix thickens and there is more discharge.

But I wouldn't be too sure and rather wait and see what a preg test says. I knew I was pregnant but kept telling myself I wasn't until I got the result from the doctor.

As another user said, this is not a sure-fire way of telling whether you are pregnant or not!!!

Good luck, I really hope this is a good sign for you.