Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Lawrence Phillips--predator or prey in prison?

I say predator. He's gonna beat down more than a few cons before they send him to Pelican Bay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-phillipss...

Osborne let a lot of people through his program like that. But, in the end, he won, maintained his legend, and will live out his days in luxury.

That's the American way--win at all costs and the people will love you, no matter how many failures are part of the pavement.

Didn't you get the memo?

Two of you have said prey--I don't see where you guys are coming from. If Phillips isn't already in a gang (I think he is, dating back to his LA days), the gangs will be lining up to recruit the guy. Plus he's got 10 years and nothing to lose.

Best Answer

He's in good shape. He'll be a predator. Those other convicts will look up to him. He won't have any trouble in prison.

Source(s): Employment in a maximum security prison.

He'll be a predator for sure. Lots of guys will end up on the receiving end of some Lawrence Phillips love.

But I would like to take this opportunity to shamelessly bash one Tom Osborne, the "squeaky clean" Nebraska legend, who reinstated one Mr. Phillips on the eve of a big bowl game, claiming he had been "rehabilitated" after tossing his former girlfriend down a flight of stairs. This after the squeaky clean guy no doubt ignored a few dozen warning signs while he was recruiting the talented Mr. Phillips.

He'll be prey, you can bet ole LP hasn't been around anyone near as bad as the fellas he's fixin to meat! He'll be getting it from both ends before he gets out.

Prey!