what would be a good name for a lady living in England during the time of the french indian war?

and the american revolution?

thanks in advance!

Cara

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I scanned through my personal name database (lol) and here's what I came up w/:

Abigail

Anne

Betsy

Catherine

Charity

Constance

Deborah

Dolly

Edith

Elizabeth

Emma

Esther

Faith

Felicity

Grace

Hannah

Hester

Hope

Jane

Judith

Katherine

Kezziah (It's a Biblical name; I remember someone in my family tree from that time period had that name)

Leah

Maggie

Margaret

Mariah

Martha

Mary

Mercy

Miriam

Naomi

Patience

Phoebe

Polly

Prudence

Rachel

Reason

Rebecca

Rosalind

Rose

Ruth

Sally

Sarah

Serenity

Susan

Susannah

Tamar

Virginia

Virtue

Welcome

Wisdom

Honestly, you can't really go wrong w/ these names. Biblical names as well as positive attributes (Welcome, Charity, Faith, etc) were all common during that time period.

Hope I've helped :-)

Source(s): History student who specializes in American cololial history :-)
  • Annie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Elizabeth, Abigail, Sara/Sarah, Betsy, Catharine, Margaret, Martha, Prudence, Rebecca, Mary, Emily, Charlotte, Anne, Patience, Constance, Jane, Mercy, Lucy, Harriet, Eliza, Susannah, Frances, Alice, Deborah.

• 1 decade ago

Elizabeth

• fonner
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

enable's not ignore the clarification there wasn't an invasion; we won the conflict of england leaving us with administration of the skies and of direction already controlled the seas leaving invasion totally impractical. All protection stress mindset prognosis that has been complete on the British defence plans has shown that in spite of if Germany had invaded at as quickly as away after Dunkirk the defences in the south east might have been adequate to hold the Germans till ultimately the Royal protection stress grew to grow to be into waiting to shrink their expeditionary stress off from France. in terms of the long term results of the basically theoretical results of defeat, the Russians might have won the conflict besides, basically like they did, mutually via fact the western allies saved western Europe from 50 years of communism in real historic previous in this function universe i visit think of of France west Germany and the low international places going purple mutually as its attainable Britain might have been liberated by making use of making use of Empire forces from a base in Canada.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Elizabeth, Isolde, Margaret, Anne (like Anne Bolin), Mary, Louisa, Josephine, Amy, Martha, Clara...

I guess those are the only names I specifically remember from history class :)

You could prob do a google search for more info.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Victoria, Elizabeth,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Amilie

• 1 decade ago

Meredith Roseanne.

I don't mean to be rude, i swear. But for some odd reason

yahoo answers is not posting my questions! Would some

of you please click on this link and answer my baby name

question as well? I'd appreciate it!:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmSB5...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.