Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Good Book To Read On Holiday ?

im 16 looking for a good book to read of holiday.

can read anything really as long as its interesting :-D

Favorite Answer

How about "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson?

It's a book that I recently re-discovered and it was such a thrill to read, that I simply have to recommend it to you. I first read the book many years ago when I was a teenager, but I think I appreciated even more as an adult.

The Perks of being a Wallflower. I think the author#s Stephen Chbosky. This book was truly amazing/ I couldn't put it down and the protagonist's perceptions were astute and deeply moving in places. It is a little dark for holiday reading in some parts but the uplifting bits in others really make it worth reading.

I love Meg Cabot (Heather Wells & Queen of Babble, and tons of others), Sophie Kinsella's (Shopaholic [soon to be movie] & Remember Me), Jennifer Weiner (Good in Bed & Certain Girls) and Emily Giffin (Something Borrowed & Something Blue) books.They are all great authors!

For a young adult/teen Meg Cabot's young adult books. She is the best author. Also best selling. She wrote tons of books including the Princess Diaries (Movies based on her books), Mediator (upcoming movie), 1-800-Missing (TV show based on her books), Jinx, Airhead and more. She has adult books too, so you can grow with her.

If you want more info or any of the authors website's email me.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/search

This website will make perfect suggestions based on what you have read.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It is pretty long and confusing at the very beginning but I loved it so much!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series by Ann Brashares. I actually read them on my last vacation. Great storyline and there are 4 books in all.

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. Im currently reading it right now and it is so good! Anything by her is! My actual favorite of hers is Dreamland.

I guess i recommend that one too! :)

My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Very touching story and has a surpise ending. One of my favorites.

A Great and Terrible Beauty,Libba Bray

Avalon High,Meg Cabot

Uglies,Scott Westerfeld

Crunch Time,Mariah Fredricks

all very good.

Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini: Eragon, Eldest and the new book Brsinger!

Or the old favourite: Harry Potter

i recommend twilight

its the best book i have ever read and i go to a boarding school and almost everyone is reading it.

also the film is coming out on december 19th

its a romance !!! im actually in love with the lead guy called edward .. hes so dreamy !!

you honestly wont be able to put it down i couldn't

i can wait to start the next one ; new moon. then eclipse. then breaking dawn !

trust me u have to read it !! its the best book ever !!!!!!!!!!

• nutter

Lord of the rings via JRR Tolkien, Ender's sport via Orson Scott Card, and A sport of Thrones via George RR Martin. The final one is the 1st e book in an grownup myth sequence, and it comes throughout the time of as slightly greater sensible than maximum myth novels. I enjoyed it particularly nicely, and that i wish i'm able to quickly discover time to envision the others.

Must Reads!

The A List (series of 10) - Zoey Dean

About the goings on of the teenage children of the rich and famous, contains a wide variety of material - love, hate, jealousy etc. Loved it!

Girl Meets Boy, Guy Next Door, All American Girl, Avalon High, etc. - Meg Cabot

I absoloutly love Meg Cabot's books! I would especially recommend the Girl Meets Boy & Guy Next Door as well as the third in that series, I immensly enjoyed them! Some are intended for adults but most for youth and I love them all!

Lioness Quartet, Wild Magic Quartet, Trickster, etc. - Tamora Pierce

Tamora Pierce's books are mainly set in the land of Tortall in medieval times, they use the same characters just at different stages of their lives and different books/series' focus on different people. They consist of fighting, magic, love, etc.

The diaries of kelly ann (2 books) - by Liz Rettig

These recount the goings on of an older teenager as she strugles to make decisions and learn to trust in others. The second one, Now or Never is about her relationship with a boy and is funny but romantic and suspencful at the same time.

It's A Mall World After All - Not sure who wrote it though...

Comedy of a girl and how she falls in love with her best friend's boyfriend's bestfriend while stalking her friend's boyfriend in an attempt to prove he is a lying cheating scumbag. A very good read & lovey but funny at the same time.

I'd Tell You I Love You But I'd Have to Kill You - Ally Carter

About a girl brought up as a spy and enrolled in a leading spy school who falls in love with an ordinary boy and can’t tell him who she actually is. Funny. There is a second in the series called To Spy or Not to Spy, it’s just as good.

Possibly the S.A.S.S. series - Numerous Authors

About the travels of students and what happens to them on their stay - love etc. Not brill but an ok read

Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paloini

Love them, you have to read them, Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr!

Sweet Valley High Books - ???

I can’t remember who wrote these but they’re a pretty good read even if they are kind of old. If you’re into series’s these are good as their’s over 100 books

The Last Summer (Of You and Me) - Ann Brashares

A good book but immensly sad, it is probably better for older teens or adults.

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

I haven’t actually read any books by Stephenie Meyer but they’re so highly reccommended that I’ve reserved one at the library. I believe that they’re a love story involving a vampire.

I have more suggestions if you want to hear them, just contact me or check out my website, http://www.freewebs.com/greatteennovels/

Hope you find something you like here!

Marley and Me - John Grogan. Fantastic reading of lovely times with a pet dog.