C.J.
C.J. asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

How do liberals feel about Obama supporting gun rights?

I just saw an ad on TV saying Obama supports gun rights. If I'm not mistaken, he has voted several times against them, i.e., voted for a ban on handguns, ban on hunting ammo and wanted to raise tax on guns and ammo to 500%. Aren't all you libbys anti-gun? Doesn't this mean he's flip-flopped yet again? Just so you get it straight, it was not a PAC ad, Obama was in it saying he approved the message.

Just so ya know, I live in Colorado -- big hunting state -- so I'm sure he is pandering for the vote. If he were to get elected, I have no doubt that he would revert back to his position of gun control.

Favorite Answer

What he has said recently and what he has said in the past, and how he has voted in the past....He is not for gun owners....far from it.

ABCs local DC anchor Leon Harris asked Obama, "One other issue that's of great importance here in the District as well is gun control. You said in Idaho recently... 'I have no intention of taking away folks' guns,' but you support the DC handgun ban." Obama's simple response: "Right." When Harris said, "And you've said that it's constitutional," Obama is clearly seen on tape nodding his head yes.

Lott, John R. Jr. (Oct. 2008), America's 1st Freedom,

Obama's Shifting Positions Leave Questions Unanswered On Guns

page 64, 1p

He may not be directly trying to go after guns but he will make it hard on LEGAL gun owners. He will sell America to the UN faster than some can say, "maybe we shouldn't have voted for him?"

Facts about Obama.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.2

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=399...

Source(s): Gun Owner, NRA member NObama '08
  • justa

You cons believe too much of your own press. I'm a 'libby' and I have guns. So do lots of us.

Even some who don't own them admit that the time for control is gone, everyone has one or can get one. The idea behind having handguns illegal is more so that a charge can be filed if they use one that trying to get them to go away.

Raising taxes on unnecessary items isn't a bad thing, Its done all the time. Rather that than food or diapers.

So no, don't count on all libbys being anti-gun, just pro good sense about using them.

I own a Remington 30.06 and a Browning 22.

I'm no expert and its been a while, but I have nothing against gun ownership.

I dont' know how one goes about proving their own reality, perhaps you might try the philosophy section for that.

You don't honestly think he supports gun rights do you?

That troll would say anything to get elected. He is a lawyer after all.

It's just one of those many, minor crumbs he throws rightward occasionally so as not to look like a total lefty.

• Look at this link-

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/ObamaLetterNRAAd....

Obama is working hard to take away gun rights. His puppet masters have ordered him to do so.

Question for Justagrandma:

Name the guns you own please. Prove you are real.

Law abiding citizens can have guns. There has never been any controversy about that. Dems use guns just like everyone else.

How can I say this simply? Obama is lying to get the moderate vote...anyone who believes him has a screw loose...

He doesn't he is jut pandering, check his voting records.

He has not made up his mind. This is one issue I am paying attention too.

• Paige

He supports gun rights... for criminals on the streets.

For you and me... not so much.