For DSLR beginners, which is better, Nikon D40 or D60? Which lense would u recommend to capture architecture?

i have been really into photography well before high school however, ever since then it was always my dad who bought me the cameras (he really likes buying cameras), and it really hasn't been the one that i have in mind but i have been using them anyway. i have got mostly of Olympus, a very reliable brand... show more i have been really into photography well before high school however, ever since then it was always my dad who bought me the cameras (he really likes buying cameras), and it really hasn't been the one that i have in mind but i have been using them anyway. i have got mostly of Olympus, a very reliable brand user-friendly, easy to use.. then there was Fujifilm and Kodak and i am currently using the Panasonic Lumix with the Olympus.. All that i have mentioned are compact cameras. i'm going to start working early next year after graduating and was wondering if i got my own preferences towards a camera with my own money, which would u recommend out of the 2 DSLR mentioned above? i have been using SLR of my cousin's and my friends' but have yet to explore to its fullest potential. My friends told me i captured amazing and dynamic pictures so based on that references i would like to go to another level with a DSLR, plus i have got this wonderful book by pro Tom Ang, and am eager to start exploring possibilities... pls do help! any suggestions are welcomed!