Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between acute leukemia and chronic leukemia?

If can also include a description on AML, CML, ALL, CLL leukemia

This is for my holiday homework.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Dee
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to webmd.com

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

continual leukemia is a greater slowly coming up leukemia than acute leukemia. you could stay for years after being clinically determined with continual leukemia in case to procure the perfect medical care. Actor Ryan O'Neal replaced into clinically determined with continual leukemia in 2001 and remains working. Acute leukemia is an emergency and demands instant medical care. The 5-year survival cost for adults with acute myelogenous leukemia is approximately 24%. For all different forms of leukemia, the 5-year survival cost stages from approximately fifty 5% to seventy 9%.

• Jenn
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Acute means onset, chronic means it keeps coming back or will always be there, even with treatment.

Really? You can't Google Leukemia? Go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society website, I'll provide it for you and do your own homework. Honestly, kids today.

I'll even link you to the Leukemia disease info.

http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_page?item_id=...

Source(s): In remission for Stage 4B NS Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Leukemia's tumour forming cousin.
  • 1 decade ago

acute is usually a term that means it's a sudden onset, while chronic means a longer lasting lingering problem

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.