Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Do teachers at school allow you to use the bathroom when you ask? ?

A girl at a local middle school had gotten her period at school and her pants got stained. Other kids noticed before she did. She asked the teacher if she can use the bathroom but the teacher said "No". Because a significant number of students noticed the stains, there was some giggling especially from the boys when the teacher wouldn't allow her to go. Is it difficult to get permission to use the bathroom when you get a surprise like that at school?? When I was in school, a girl would just leave the classroom anyway but nowadays the rules are more strict and a kid could get detention or in school suspension for disobeying a teacher like that. How strict are they with bathroom use at your school?

Favorite Answer

it does not matter how strict the rules are it is not right that a teacher does that. if that happens and the teacher says no, the girl needs to leave and go to the bathroom not matter what, it is important. if the teacher has a complaint i dare them to take it to a principal or school board. IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL GIRLS... you have rights and just because they are a teacher does not give them the right... if it is important you just leave the classroom...

the teacher that did that could actually be fired...

I would ask again saying that i really needed to go. If still no, I would just walk out & let my parents deal with the teacher. Your parents should speak with your teachers & principal and explain why it is important that you be allowed to go to the bathroom when you ask. It is *unacceptable* for a teacher to be so oblivious to their students' needs and let them go thru the embarrassment of a possible stain. If you don't normally abuse the privilege of going to the bathroom every so often, then there shouldn't be a problem after that.

A teacher cannot refuse a student use of the bathroom. If they say you cant go, walk out, use the bathroom, and the report your teacher to the principal or administrator.

When I was in middle school, sometimes the teacher would say no (if we were doing something important) and you would just have to say "seriously, i really need to go NOW" and then they would say okay.

They usually say yes depending on if you really have to go or the problem and the teacher. I started, i'm 17, the other day right before semester exams and a really strict teacher let me go because of the reason.

• *EK*

It's really pathetic how teachers won't let you go to the bathroom. What if a girl has to change a tampon to avoid TSS, or their period starts completely unexpected. In my school, most of the guy teachers let us go when ever we ask. Which is weird cause ya wouldn't think they would understand haha. I do have a few[woman] teachers who never let us go to the restroom. It really bothers me and I've lost a ton of respect for them.

They do that at my school as well, tell you that you can't go. when I ask if I can go to the toilet they normally say no, if they say no i just walk out, because they really don't play any part in telling me whether I can or can not go to the toilet, they could cause someone serious damage by not letting them go to the toilet, physically and mentally.

• indigo

Random fact, it's illegal to keep someone (at work or school ) from using the bathroom.

No one ever stopped me...but then I was a bad ***... wearing a leather jacket, mouthing off...I think they were glad to get rid of me :p

• <3

Pretty much all of my teachers say yes, or don't even make you ask, as long as you take the hall pass.

yes, unless they know you to be someone who just walks the halls and skips class. if they know that your not gonna do that stuff they will. unless its some really important thing going on.

Source(s): me, my observations.

I know girls who skipped school by saying

they have their pads at home?