What is the BAILOUT that everyone has been talking about**? ?

OK im 14 and i like politics and i try to keep up to date on the election and i did research and read through the candidates views and policies and watched all the debates before i chose who i wanted my mother too vote for and she takes my opinion seriously and now were on the same page as too who to vote for

I chose Obama and im now Volunteering at our local Democratic headquarter

but my question is can anybody explain to me exactly what the bailout is suppose to do for our economy and what will happen if its passed

because i keep hearing allot of stuff about it and some of it i've just come to the conclusion that it cant be true

so please help me too understand

Thanks for any help you can give me

Favorite Answer

The bailout is supposed to do just that...bail out big businesses who are going bankrupt.

So, the government is going to be the owner of a bunch of large corporations for a while. Then when the economy gets better, they're going to try and sell all of the businesses that they bought and return America to capitalism.

The businesses are in $700billion dollar debt,and the economy is going down and many homeowners and people who own businesses are in a panic because of how bad the economy is doing.google it and you will find so many different stories on it