In new york, what station is closest to the astor place theatre?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
i need to know what train station is closest. i will be taking the train from the Trenton transit center. how close is it to the astor place theatre? and if u know that, do you ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
The Astor Place Theater is located at 434 Lafayette Street, between Astor Place and East 4th Street. The closest subway station to the theater is the Astro Place station on the #6 line.

From Penn Station, walk a block east along 34th Street to Herald Square and take the downtown (southbound) "N", "R", "Q" or "W" trains (Yellow Line) from 34th Street to 14th Street-Union Square.

At Union Square, transfer upstairs to the downtown (southbound) #6 local train (Green Line) from Union Square to Astor Place. Exit the subway at Astor and walk south along Lafayette Street from the subway station to the theater.

In regard to NJ Transit, the last trains to leave Penn Station will be at 1:41am and a round trip off peak ticket cost $21.50. The fare on the subway is $2 each way.

I hope this information is very helpful.

Good luck
Native New Yorker

Source:

http://mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm (printable subway map -- click on the PDF icon to enlarge and print)

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
thank you so much!! =]
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• Il toro answered 6 years ago
    The New Jersey Transit train will bring you into Penn Station in Manhattan's west side. From there, you'll want to exit Penn Station and walk a block east to Herald Square. From there, take a downtown N,R,Q or W train to Union Square, where you'll transfer to a downtown 6 train. Get off at Astor Pl. Then it's a short walk to the theater, which is at 434 Lafayette St.

This is the NJ Transit link which will give you the schedules in and out of NYC:

http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.s...
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock