Who invented the first electric guitar?

I need to know who made the first electric guitar. Who invented it and when. it would help if it was a Dean electric guitar but that is okay if it is a regular electric guitar

Best Answer

The electric guitar was invented in 1931 by Adolph Rickenbacher and George Beauchamp. The guitar was called the Rickenbacker.

Sorry, Dean didn't start making guitars until 1977.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure if he made the FIRST solid body electric, but Les Paul "is a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar which 'made the sound of rock and roll possible.' "

I'm sure most people that you ask would say that Les Paul invented the first electric guitar. However there was probably many attempts long before him that worked, but not as well as they could have.

You can look up the Rickenbacker "Frying Pan" guitar at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frying_pan_(guitar). It is one of the earliest ones i could find.

• Lisa

No single person invented any of those instruments. They developed over a long period of time. Do your own damn homework. Go to the library, grab the G volume of the encyclopedia, and start reading. Lazy dildo.

I believe it was Paul Barth, but I'm not sure... I would check the link I gave you, because that seems to have the answers. Hope this helps!