Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

if republicans are against abortion and prolife how thenisgovernment funding for adotion agencies a hand out?

they dont want abortion but when the child is born they wave a flag about funding a child for school and food and foster care and all programs to help the un wanted this question was deleted earlier I guess it hit hard some where

• Rick31
    Best Answer

Abortion is a question for the courts. I am opposed to abortion because I don't feel I have the power to play God. However, I do not feel legal abortion should be banned because illegal and often dangerous abortions would continue. John Kerry was opposed to abortion but did not think it was the executive branch's decision to make. Even some conservative to moderate justices on the Supreme Court like Roberts and Kennedy do not support overturning Roe v. Wade because a precedent has been set. I was a foster parent and there are neglected children, but that is not the fault of the children but the fault of sorry adults.

In this day and age the only reason an abortion is necessary is for rape and incest-

Today there are contraceptives available at every gas station for a couple of quarters

The health department hands pills and condoms out for free.

The only reason women find themselves facing an unwanted pregnancy is because they failed ( and their partner ) failed to take adequate precautions.

Let me point something out to you as well that perhaps you never thought of-

The church ( various denominations) sponsors children's homes and adoption services out of donations given by their parishioners.

How do you guess those parishioners vote?

Pro life Repubs you think might be the majority?

I believe there is a consequences for all our actions. If I choose to have sex, I could have a baby and that baby is my responsibility and it is my job to teach that child and provide for that child, not the governments responsibility. And if the mother who is pregnant with that child doesn't want the child, she should give the child to someone who does. But it was the couples choice to do the hanky-panky, with no regards to the consequence of it. So why kill a being whose heart is a live and beating within a couple of weeks. And why expect someone else to then teach and provide for them.

• jxt299

Asking a Republican for logic is a mistake, everything they believe in is just slogans. Notice, the most important issue to them, abortion, is NOT EVEN MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE. Not once. Check it. But some clever, manipulative political operative has put this bee in their bonnet and thats all they care about now. They are incapable of logical thought--if abortion had been important to God, He would have put it in the Bible, which they claim to believe in, but its not in there. Illogic is why the country is falling apart. Basing policy, economic and foreign policy, on slogans and "feelings" rather than facts invites disaster. You would never do your taxes based on "feelings", oh I FEEL I can deduct my entire income as a charitable deduction to myself--no, in real life you KNOW you need logic and facts to even exist, but somehow in politics, which is just as real, delusion and fantasy are considered acceptable. They aren't! You end up with a bankrupt government and a million needless murders on America's hands in Iraq by following "feelings" instead of reality.

Conservatism is about taking on personal responsibility. If you can't afford a kid, don't have sex. It is not a recreational sport. By the way, entitlement programs have increased under GW. I am all for helping someone out of a tough spot, but learn from watching others. We all make bad choices, but lets not redefine "bad". Where my wife teaches high school, it is chic to be pregnant. That is a problem.

Where I live, the state already has funding for foster care.

Public school is free. There are already counltess programs for meals for poor families.

Further federal government interference is unnecessary.

I'm a pro-choice Conservative. Ergo, your premise is flawed. However, what these pro-life Republicans often do is provide assistance through faith-based charities.

LOL! Yeah. Its the Republicans who are all about social funding programs....go with that.

Do you know how much it costs to adopt a baby? Trust me, adoption agencies can support themselves.

I think parents should take care of their kids not the government.