Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Songs that sound good sung acapella?

Auditioning for a carols by candle light thing but top 5 auditionees get a $400 grant.

• Saul
    Favorite Answer

I"ll Be - Edwin Mccain

pretty much anything by Dave Matthews

if you've ever heard of Masters of Chant, its not a capella, but they've got some great arrangements for "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica, "My Immortal" by Evanescence, "Fields of Gold" by that one band I can't remember right now, etc.

I've been listening to "Wish I Was A Punkrocker" by Sandi Thom a lot lately. Don't think it would be great for everyone, but I like it. =)

What's that one song... "in the arms of the angels" in the chorus? Sarah McLachlin or whatever? I've heard that a capella and the girl I heard sing it nailed it just amazingly.

Just some ideas.

Saul

I'd look into songs that were written to be sung a capella.

Since you're auditioning for a caroling group, The Boar's Head Carol is a good one. So is the version of The Holly and the Ivy that is written in the minor key (the major one they've probably heard). A Virgin Unspotted is another very nice song, as is Blessed Be that Maid Marie. Riu, Riu Chiu is another nice a capella carol.

Source(s): M.M. in voice, been in these caroling groups a long time.

once you've were given to sing a capella for an audition, then an invaluable music like "surprising Grace" is nicely. do no longer attempt the nationwide Anthem till you're certainly convinced you're staying in key the completed time (such lots people who sing it a capella do not proceed to be in key and that is merely undesirable). do not do in spite of too frustrating, and by technique of way of all way, do no longer do in spite of that modulates keys. keep away from doing sought after pop songs that matter too much on creation in spite of the fact which have frustrating or disjointed tunes. except you're a really complicated singer, steer sparkling of songs with a really great form. that is always better to sing some thing sensible sturdy, than to debris up some thing frustrating. the advice below to sing "Edelweiss" from Sound is music is nicely -- any sensible people-like music is nicely for a capella singing. some Beatles songs probably nicely too -- many of their songs are comfortably in spite of the undeniable fact that fairly written.

It's very possible to learn to sing well. You just need to know the right methods. Learn here https://tr.im/HMbGy

Singing teachers will cost money and can be expensive so they're not for everyone. Singing can be learned so it's not an "either you have it or you don't" kind of thing.

Whether you sound like crap or you're decent, I recommend this singing course. It's one of the best methods to learn to sing well in a short amount of time. It's all about using efficient techniques that work.

hi the beech boys

together again by janet jackson