dave1 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

I am a member of the Marine Corps reserves and popped positive for marijuana?

I am a member of the Marine Corps reserves and popped positive for marijuana.

I submitted my paperwork for an Administrative Separation with an Other Than Honorable discharge 1 and a half years ago. My 1st Sgt tells me every drill that I am getting out soon but every drill nothing happens. I am trying to figure out what would happen if I stopped attending drill sense I am going to end up getting an Other Than Honorable discharge anyway. Is it true that if I miss 9 drills I will eventually be separated?

Favorite Answer

The Marine Core Trys there HARDEST to keep you in no matter what ^_^. Your not going to be discharged anytime soon. My friend tried to discharge from Marine Core. Did drugs, went crazy, refused to PT or do training, went AWALL for about 2 months. After about 2 years of this they gave him a other then honorable discharge. (which is NOT a dishonorable discharge btw and has no effect on you at all).

Source(s): I'm a former NBC Specilaist Marine Core and My friend former Infantry (Sawd user ^_^) Friend

The Guard and Reserve are very bureaucratic, and slow moving machines. It really can take a year or more to do the simplest administrative action.

Your bigger worry if you just don't drill is that your commander could (if he wants to) have the MPs come and arrest you, so be careful. An "other than honorable" might hold you back a little. An arrest along with it will make it that much harder.

As a former member of the Marine Reserves, I would advise you to do your best, serve your term, and go to your CO and ask for leniency AFTER you have done the former two items.

You could come out of this as a better person and, perhaps, with a better record, if you do the right thing.

Think. Work hard. Repent. Seek forgiveness. Your CO has many powers and could, if he/she chose, mend your past discrepancies.

You are far better off coming out of this experience whole and with pride. Draw on the pride you felt accomplishing boot camp and what you gained in self respect and self ability through that experience.

You slipped up. Don't let it turn to ****.

Bin there dun that, and I think he is just trying to scare you, they never discharged me and I left with an honorable discharge six years later, as a matter of fact they never discharged any of us, we were all called in since boot camp and still finished and graduated, then later in the fleet marine force they gave a what do you call an unexpected test? well they gave one of those and alot of people were caught but still finished their course, I think they try but their superiors won't let them do it to you. I don't see why you gave those papers, you should have gotten yourself a military defender (lawyer). They probably tore them up anyway and are just holding that over your head if you ask me. Just do your time and by the time that discharge comes around you'll have been honorably discharged already.

Wow! I dont know nothing about that but it sounds like you are being used. If we weren't in the middle of a war you probably would be at home by now with no military work.

Your still in and it is working your off the mary jane ! You are not getting put out why not stay threw your enlistment the benefits will deffinently help you later g.i.bill,va loan etc. ! general under honorable you loose all that why not stay to term enlistment,because they are in no big hurry to loose you " stay" !

Dont stop going to your drills because they have the authority to get you into more trouble for that or for pot.

Keep your head down and do your time. Don;t let those ******* ruin your life mate..Good luck.

• congrats

Why are you posting this in politics?

Something tells me you're a liberal poser.