Anonymous

why is our society so anti emo?

i was wondering why society is so anti emo whats wronge with listening to decent music and whereing skinnys?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cause Bush is our president

• 1 decade ago

I don't have a problem with what is worn, or what is listened to. I do have an issue with the cutting and depressed thing. It doesn't make sense to a lot of us. Why is emo sad? Angry? Please explain the injustice that causes this emotion. It is not possible to fix the injustice if I can't hear you. Many emo I've met speak quietly or mumble a bit.

I am honestly answering your question as an outsider to emo. I'm familiar with it to some extent, a little more than most, not as much as others, a representative from the "society" (you know, parents, all those people in the street) you are asking the question of.

I understood emo to be anti-society, so why would an emo care if society is anti-emo?

I'm also curious if I would classify you as something different than emo. I don't know that skinny jeans and music are the core of the emo experience. It's a bit harder for the mom to keep up with what group is identified by what name than it is for the teen.

I mean no disrespect. I honestly don't get it.

Source(s): Mother of two teen girls with many teen friends.
  • 1 decade ago

what society would be in favour of a sub culture characterised by self harm, anti social behaviour and depression.

i dont think theres anything wrong with the music/clothes necessarily its what goes along with that thats the problem.

• 1 decade ago

That's scene. Emo is cutting yourself while crying and sitting in your 2008 range rover that your "stupid" parents bought you for your 16th birthday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Absolutely Nothing! =]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.