Anonymous

why is our society so anti emo?

i was wondering why society is so anti emo whats wronge with listening to decent music and whereing skinnys?

Favorite Answer

Cause Bush is our president

I don't have a problem with what is worn, or what is listened to. I do have an issue with the cutting and depressed thing. It doesn't make sense to a lot of us. Why is emo sad? Angry? Please explain the injustice that causes this emotion. It is not possible to fix the injustice if I can't hear you. Many emo I've met speak quietly or mumble a bit.

I am honestly answering your question as an outsider to emo. I'm familiar with it to some extent, a little more than most, not as much as others, a representative from the "society" (you know, parents, all those people in the street) you are asking the question of.

I understood emo to be anti-society, so why would an emo care if society is anti-emo?

I'm also curious if I would classify you as something different than emo. I don't know that skinny jeans and music are the core of the emo experience. It's a bit harder for the mom to keep up with what group is identified by what name than it is for the teen.

I mean no disrespect. I honestly don't get it.

Source(s): Mother of two teen girls with many teen friends.

what society would be in favour of a sub culture characterised by self harm, anti social behaviour and depression.

i dont think theres anything wrong with the music/clothes necessarily its what goes along with that thats the problem.

That's scene. Emo is cutting yourself while crying and sitting in your 2008 range rover that your "stupid" parents bought you for your 16th birthday.

Absolutely Nothing! =]