Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

is chinese green tea good?

is chinese green tea good for you. In other words is it healthy for you???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Green Tea is a product that has been growing in popularity for a couple years now. Typical of ancient herbs from the Chinese culture, Green Tea is loaded with healthy nutrients like antioxidants that will give you energy, assist with weight loss, and fight a number of diseases.

Now we have an even better product called Enhanced Green Tea. Just 1 serving of Enhanced Green Tea contains as much nutrients as 1 gallon of brewed green tea.

Studies suggest that green tea extract may boost metabolism and help burn fat. One study confirmed that the combination of green tea and caffeine improved weight loss and maintenance in overweight and moderately obese individuals. Some researchers speculate that substances in green tea known as polyphenols, specifically the catechins, are responsible for the herb's fat-burning effect.

The benefits of green tea are numerous. In fact, if you were to go to PubMed.com and do a search for green tea, you'd find over 2,000 studies performed on green tea and its components (eg, EGCG, theanine, vitamin E, etc...).

Possible benefits are being investigated for weight loss, cancer prevention, antioxidant activity, cognitive enhancement, general good health and well being... and the list goes on and on.

You can order a free trial of Enhanced Green Tea from the source link below. So far all I've heard is that the Enhanced Green Tea supplement is helping people to feel great. It provides more energy and antioxidants than you would normally get from drinking cups of tea all day.

• 1 decade ago

YES!!!

drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancera s well as improving the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) cholesterol and fight many infections

Try to get Green Tea thats shipped directly from China or Japan

My aunt had a exchange student from japan and she made us green tea and it was so fresh and my sinus(sorry i spelled it wrong lol) felt so much better after drinking it and breathed a little easier afterwards

• 1 decade ago

I always enjoy reading the answers to these questions as much as the questions themselves. Chinese "tea" is a broad group of teas ranging from white tea to green to oolong to red (or black). The quality of the tea is often gauged by the interest in the buyer. As for it being good for you many studies have concluded the benefits of drinking any tea are outweigh any other drink by comparison.

Alot of friends of mine love Lipton tea and swear by it while others insist only on drinking the highest grade of high mountain oolongs from Taiwan and still others prefer only to drink puerh from Yunnan Province.

"Chinese Tea" is a very generic tea and those who say they don't like it have only a limited knowledge of the vast and varied teas available from China. Also often times you will see "chinese tea" in the supermarket only to be deceived because what you are getting is merely fannings from the floor of the tea manufacturer. (Note: Fannings are what is left over from the tea processing and are swept from the machines and floor of the plant.)

As for what to put into tea there are many sources who set guidelines as to what should go into what tea. Milk into Earl Grey lemon into Keemun Cream into Darjeeling Dragon Well by itself etc. These too are just suggestive. My best adivse is buy what you like and drink it as you like.

The final thing to know about tea is drink it because you enjoy it and enjoy it beacause it is good for you!

Source(s): Moderator of PhilaTea with more than 30 years experience in the tea industry.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Green tea is good for you and it helps you to calm down and that is a ls good for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

If it's good quality, then yes, it's probably good for you (in the right amounts). :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i dont enjoy it but it is healthy for you. and if you just want to try it then i say go for it because, hay maybe you will like it!!!

• annie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes it is I drink it all the time.

• 1 decade ago

It's really good for you.

• 1 decade ago

its healthy for you but it tastes awful (IMO).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.