should i buy a 2001 toyota camry LE 4dr sedan with 105k miles in good condition for 7k?

it is from a private party one owner vehicle with minor damage history. is 7k too much for it?......kbb shows 6k with excellent condition but the seller would not go below 7k.........i am confused....pls help.......thanks

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't spend that much...

The Devil is in the details. Is the vehicle within driving range where you can inspect. How many owners. Any maintenance records. Is the original owners manual included. I would have a Toyota mechanic put it on a lift and inspect underneath carefully. There are rubber "boots" that hold certain lubricants vital to the drivetrain that tend to crack and leak with age. Has the Air Cond plumbing been switched out to accept the new type refridegerant. Do the belts and hoses look well maintained? My advice is to go ahead and find newer model with fewer miles. Older cars, even Toyotas with that many miles that have not been well maintained can turn into a money pit and leave you stranded. Investing more money now can mean saving lots of money and trouble in the future.

you can find a better deal on a car somewhere...for the miles & prior damage I wouldn't go more then 4500.00....if you have a budget of 7000.00 find a reputable used car dealer in your area, find a car with fewer miles & at least a 30 day 1000 mile warrenty. I just traded in a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4 door 4x4 with 80000 miles no issues....I was happy to get 5000.......look around for a better deal.....don't rush into it, your going to be buying someone elses problems and sinking in additional funds on top of any payment...plus...the bank will not finance any car where the asking price exceeds KBB

NADA (more accurate than KBB, it takes into account the average sale price of the vehicle, rather than just general depreciation) says if it's absolutely clean it's worth $7,750 but if it's got any real damage, especially structural it's not really worth near that, and NADA puts the car more realistically around $6,025. If they're not willing to budge when you present them with the actual value of the car, don't waste your time. Autotrader also puts their price as a bit high, dealer's are selling LEs with less mileage for around 6,900 so it's arguable that they're priced too high.

Man, I wouldnt pay 7 for it. Maybe 5 or 6.

I wouldn't. If it has damage history, chances are it wasn't a little ding. There for its not in excellent condition. Therefor you would be over paying. Id prob. pay 4.5k. no more.

That is not a good deal. Go for 6 k or nothing.

He/she wants $7,000? Excellent condition, according to KBB, is no body work at all, and has met perfect upkeep and condition.

If I were you, offer him 5.5k, and if he/she refuses, then up it to 6k.If still reject, then offer 6.5k.

He'll definitely bite at 6.5k.

7 thousand with 105000 miles and minor damage history????? thats ******* insane!! dont even think about it... try craigslist.org man i always reccomend it to everyone and i GUARANTEE you will find a great deal there...

Bad deal pass on it.

to much man that probaly worth 5k