Good courtroom drama books?

I looking for some books that are about courtroom dramas. I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" and really liked it and was wondering what other courtroom based books there are.

Preferably the time place in the 20th centery or earlie than that. Nothing in a recent time place.

• ck1
    Favorite Answer

If you enjoy around mid-20th century, you might enjoy Erle Stanley Gardner's Perry Mason stories. I love them, myself. Fantastic Fiction http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/erle-stanley-g... has a list of all of them.

You may enjoy the play, Twelve Angry Men, by Reginald Rose.

Though they are more modern (some even in the 21st century, some in the 1990s), you may still enjoy Steve Martini's courtroom drama stories starting with, perhaps, Compelling Evidence (his first Paul Madriani story). This is just a thought, in case you want to branch out a bit.

By the way, you may also enjoy the play Judgment at Nuremberg by Abby Mann about the trial for the Nazi war criminals.

I forgot another play which I love: The Winslow Boy by Terence Rattigan. Though most of the action doesn't take place IN the courtroom, it centers around a trial. It is a wonderful story.

There is also a short story by Charles Dickens, which you can read online and which is a really great one. It is called The Trial for Murder - http://www.online-literature.com/dickens/2942/ - it's one of my favorites of his short stories.

The Innocent Man by John Grisham

The Firm by John Grisham

• xo379

I bet you'd like Jodi Picoult...all of her books feature a courtroom drama. "Plain Truth" might be the most 'dramatic,' though they are all quite good.

Then you have--

A Time to Kill by John Grisham

The Testament by John Grisham

Monster by Walter Dean Myers

oh!! you have to read Snow Falling On Cedars..... its really a good book...takes place during the second world war... try it,not quiet as "old`` as you would like but good drama!

you could try "the rainmaker" by john grisham, or "a time to kill"