I need a good 9th grade science fair topic. Any ideas it is urgent?

Please don't give me websites but topics or questions only. Thanks

Update:

Please don't send me websites. Also there has to be a reason to actually do the project.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Which alternative energy form is most productive?

You could test miniature wind, solar, and other alternative energy methods by measuring their miniaturized effectiveness vs their cost. It is a very timely topic, which is always good for science fairs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here's a fun one. First you get an egg, and let it sit in vinegar, so that its shell (cell wall), comes off leaving the cell membrane. Then record the mass(or weight i guess) of the egg that no longer has its shell. Then soak the egg in water for 10 minutes, then record its mass, and add ten more minutes, and record its mass. Then with a different egg that has no shell either, and record its mass. Then place it in corn syrup. And repeat the 10 minute thing. The egg (since its a single cell) will either absorb water (while in the water) or release water (while in the syrup), to get to osmosis. Then when your all done pop the egg in the very bottom of a trash can with your hand. (ITS SO MUCH FUN! lol. and after its popped all you have left in your hand is the cell's membrane, pretty cool huh?).

Hope i helped!

Ohh and you can do a big whole hypothesis on it, and poster and everything... for your project.

• 4 years ago

Do an experiment showing surface tension on water. Fill a bowl with water. Place a 3 inch by 3 inch piece of a paper towel on top of the water. Then place a papeclip on top of the paper towel. The paper towel will absorb water and sink to the bottom of the bowl, while the paperclip will float on top of the water. It's pretty cool to watch.

• 1 decade ago

How about the settling of different substances? Like salt, sugar, flour, etc. You can measure the angle at which a small pile of it settles

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Can life exist on Mars?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

water in electricity!

its a really cool experiment that you can do good presentatioins too...!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

humin body

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.