Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why didn't the Congress and the Senate listen to John McCain when he warned them years ago?

I've seen the video - I've read the transcripts - I cannot believe that

TWICE Senator McCain had a literal fit with both Congress and the Senate - telling them that if they did not pull in the reigns on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, there would be ECONOMIC DISASTER.

And, these same democrats have the nerve to be on tv blaming John

McCain anyway.

I watched as Congressmen one after the next got angry because McCain had even brought up the subject during those years - saying he was making a problem where there wasn't one, and that Raines was doing a superb job; actually he was RIPPING OFF THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION, and those politicians who refused to change the system at John McCain's insistance, didn't want to because they were receiving so much money in kickbacks that its ridiculous.

And Obama's response is to have both men at the top of the ripoff

list WORKING WITH HIM ON HIS CAMPAIGN. wtf??

So McCain said there would be an economic disaster if they did not listen to him, and today what do we have? AN ECONOMIC DISASTER.

Make no mistake about this folks, the reason for this disaster is that

the DEMOCRAT RADICAL LIBERALS WHO YOU SEE ON TV WHEN YOU SEE PELOSI, REID, DODD, OBAMA AND THE REST - pushed

and threatened our Banks - they forced them to give mortgages to folks who simply could not afford them. One lady was on tv - she works for a fast-food place and earns $6.25 an hour - they put her into

a $198,000.00 home. HUH??? An idiot would realize thats a very bad

idea, but not our liberal democrats, and certainly not Sen. Obama.

Obama's friends and past employer, ACORN is directly responsible

for this mess - his buddy who runs ACORN was the prime reason

that the Banks and lending institutions were forced to give out these

bad mortgages. OBAMA IS NOT INNOCENT IN THIS, AND HE POCKETED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF YOUR DOLLARS IN KICKBACKS; in fact, the only politician ever to get more than Obama, was Chris Dodd, the jackass you see on tv pointing fingers at McCain and other Republicans who tried to stop this years ago.

AND, to top it all off, now that we have this financial emergency, what

is Obama and his liberal politicians doing? They are holding up legislation that would fix this problem because THEY WANT TO GIVE

TWENTY PERCENT OF OUR MONEY THAT WOULD BE DUE BACK TO US, OVER TO ACORN - YES, THE SAME ACORN THAT CAUSED THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Nancy Pelosis has no business pointing fingers at anyone. She is a crook and a loudmouth who needs to be removed from office, if not

jailed for Obstructing the daily operations of an entire Nation.

QUESTION:

Do you know that John McCain warned Washington over and over again that this economic mess was bound to occur?

Do you realize that Obama insisted at the time that there was no

problem and that it was all honky dorey?

WHO SEEMS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ECONOMICS WHEN YOU

KNOW THESE TRUTHS?

Check them out for yourself - the video's are on youtube - go ahead,

and watch the radical left-wing democratic party as they yell and scream that no economic disaster was pending.

Thanks for your answers;

closing note: Senator Obama does not want to "change" anything with regard to the little happy money-fest he and others are enjoying

while the rest of America suffers high costs; why would he? Change

that would be better for you and I would mean Obama wouldn't get that grand $500,000.00 kickback - why would he want to lose that and

more? He wouldn't.

WASHINGTON NEEDS THE BIG BROOM OF SWEEPING CHANGE,

AND THESE POLITICANS WHO ARE GETTING RICH AT OUR EXPENSE, NEED TO HAVE THEIR WINGS CLIPPED.

John McCain is prepared to do that and at the same time, we will at least know we are safe from terror attacks. There's only one good choice here, folks. Obama and his liberals have really crossed the line this time; if we want America to continue, then its time to vote

for the old guy with the gray hair and the common sense.

For Gods sake, don't take our kid's future and turn it into a crap-shoot.

EDIT TO: "plainjane':

First, yes, Obama did hire both johnson

and Raines, and they do work on his campaign - Johnson is the one who selected Biden to be Obama's VP.

Raines just gave a comment yesterday

and Obama said Raines would be one

of his economic advisors in his cabinet.

Since this bailout on tv this past week, yeah, Raines and Johnson have been silent and absent - big guess why?

Guilt, my friend. They are crooks.

Obama will not be seen with crooks until he is elected. You don't see him w/his

pal terrorist bill ayers, or communists or marxists or fellons - but they are all associated with Obama and it is a matter of clear record, but the media will not give you that information, of course.

I got it from google, myself. I researched Obama's past and was horrified beyond

description. To think that voters would actually be thinking of putting this crook

into the White House, is horrifying.

Raines failed fannie mae and he will

fail the U.S.A. as well, but steal money.

• Favorite Answer

Thanks for getting around to the question. One answer is that McCain talks out of both sides of his mouth. His current campaign manager, Rick Davis and his company, received SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS to FIGHT regulation.And Obama does NOT have those two that you mentioned on his campaign: he stated it, they affirmed it and nobody has seen any of them anywhere near each other.

McCain might be smarter than some folks give him credit for, but at his age and with his current running mate, his message and his campaign are doomed. I used to respect him, being a Vietnam vet too, but these last few months have tipped me away from him big-time. That "I don't know how many houses I/we have" did not sit well with Joe 6-pack.

This whole thing is just one in a long line of republican smoke-and-mirror tricks, presented in panic-mode, fire sale rhetoric of fear. McCain right? Maybe. Maybe not. We have the chance to vote the rascals out every 2,4 or 6 years, as the case may be. Personally, I think that politicians (most, anyway) are 50% bullshyt, 50% ego and REALLY nuts if you wanna be the Prez. It's usually a choice between the lesser of 2 evils.

If McCain didn't have the 'pull' because of his maverick (if 'maverick' means only 10% DISagreement with Bush) status to "rally the troops," then it just proves how INEFFECTIVE he is. That's the bottom line. Couple that with his age, impatience, memory lapses, outright senile lies, bad temper, attitude and ruling-class mentality of privilege and you have an off-putting person whose message is so much verbal diarrhea..

Source(s): I hear weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

From what I understand, the congress wanted low income families to own houses, and didn't want the fact that they'd be bad credit, low income, and high risk to get in the way of them owning houses. It seems that McCain was cast in the role of Cassandra in this case. Heard a story on the radio by a man who witnessed all of this happening. He bought a new house in a nice neighbourhood, the houses were in the high 6 figures. He used the equity from his old house to pay for about 3/4 of his new house and wasn't looking at much in the way of a monthly payment. He went to his first home owner's association meeting and noticed that most of the other people there were young couples. Several months later, he was the home owner's association, and was the only person in the beginning that could actually afford the house he was buying.

The liberals did not want to cut off their money supply by pulling the plug on the dishonest banking practices by Fannie & Freddie. Look Obama received the second highest amount of financial kickbacks from those banks- he didn't see the problem as long as he was profiting, yet now he states that he voiced the problem years ago??? LIE!

McCain has a honest past and really has been pro-active for Americans even when it was against his own party.

I fear Obama destroying my children's future- so I will be voting for the man that is qualified to lead us McCain.

Because Democraps want the economy to go bad.