Is "worthed" proper english?

Hello,

My question is simple. Is the word "worthed" proper english or a made up word? I thought it was "worth it" not "worthed"- A little help would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Dan -

There is no such word as: "worthed".

Something is either worthy, or not worth much, if anything. Giving your precious time to a non-worthy cause, may not be worth it. They are not worthy of you.

Answering your question, was well worth my time.

LAG

• 4 years ago

Is It Worthed

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think so. I have never heard anyone say "worthed". Plus the yahoo spell checker says its not a word.

• 1 decade ago

OMG hahaha I see people are actually typing 'worthed' instead of 'worth it', like 'do you think the paperwork is worthed?', that is so funny.

But there IS a verb to worth, and its past tense is worthed, so yes, it is a real word, but it is totally obsolete. See http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/worth

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Worthed is past tense and past participle of worth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, I don't believe worthed is a real word. I would say "worth it" or "worthy".

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awuPP

GOOD JOB, BEAR! YOU'VE JUST ASKED THE QUESTION OF ALL TIME... I have always wondered this and never imagined someone would eventually come up with this topic! I guess the rest of the answerers were not answering you at all. Most of them were too concerned about their stupid egoistic pride about being "tidak apa" and refuse to admit this widespread problem. You are right, it isn't about speaking PERFECT English, it is just PROPER English that needs to be spoken/written. Ask any employer these days, what is the BIGGEST problem with interviewing Malaysians? ENGLISH! Its the attitude of Malaysians of not being BOTHERED enough to improve and making it worse, being so PROUD of their corrupted language! No wonder why KL is ranked as the THIRD RUDEST city in the world... look at the response of some of the answerers, they are just too plain ignorant about Bear's question. He asked about how Malaysians are going to improve/how Malaysians are going to go on this century (excuse that 'a' willya?)??? What did they say? They are adding fuel to the fire and showing how stupid and arrogant they are (you know for yourself who you are), denying this very fact. Like what Dave says, it is horrible and frustrating especially in restaurants. To add to that, you really need to scramble your intelligence in order to understand things like: wut2do? <--- Now I know what do you mean by R2D2 wast ist/dis1 <--- Is it German? On comments, etc...: "haha! wat toking u? since when chin peng will yuan wang ppl one wor? she so good to kang jia li sha" <--- Heck, what the hell is this??? Come on, its not the end of Malaysian English. You guys have a great culture and tradition, but English is English. Its fine to have slangs but I guess you guys are forgetting the main issue, its about communication --- COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION!!! I too, don't think it is a problem for people to speak in slangs. Do you think that Aussies are easily understood by the Europeans? And please don't be stupid to ask or compare Malaysians with other countries. This is such a typical Malaysian problem. The very moment someone criticise them, they start diverting attention to other countries. IF ONLY... Malaysians can truly learn from other countries, I guess there would be better progress, but unfortunately, many Malaysians are too 'contented' and happy for being in such a state. For people who are too interested in correcting other's English, let me make a point --- NOBODY CARES ABOUT GRAMMAR ANYMORE THESE DAYS, especially Malaysians who probably don't give two *hoots*. Ever wondered why Thailand is becoming so much accomodating to tourists eventhough they don't have the 'World Largest Everything' hoo-haa? Its because they are moving with time, and they learn to be innovative and improvise, unlike defensive Malaysians who only know how to talk, criticise and DO NOTHING (as far as I can remember, this wasn't the true Malaysian spirit. Today, everybody is so afraid to stand up for their own rights or even willing to call themselves 'Malaysian' anymore, it is more to being 'Chinese, Malay, Indian' over and over. Who the hell said Malaysia belongs to only these three races? I bet Malaysia is ever more racist these days. Probably this is one factor why Malaysians REFUSE to do any good to themselves as Malaysians). I'm afraid there is more to be done if Malaysians are ever going to improve themselves. The answers and comments are just reflecting on how stupid these idiots are, when someone such as bear is trying to highlight.

• kiwi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I've never heard anyone use it. Don't think it is really a word.

• 1 decade ago

"Worthed" is not proper english.

• 1 decade ago

never heard it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.