In your opinion, Is Stephen Colbert mocking right-wing ideology?

Obviously his views are exaggerated but the question is..... to what degree?

Update:

Wow, looks like i touched a nerve with the Colbert followers out there. I was essentially wondering how his real-world views coincide with his exageration on the show. Regardless if it's 100% satire or not, I'd personally rather watch Colbert than listen to Jon Stewart spe his left-wing garbage.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Daily and Colbert have the same ideology, they are just poking fun at it from different angles.

• 1 decade ago

Get used to it-Left wiongers are hypocrites, and alwasy will be. they complain that Republicans hate minorities. Bush maked Rice into his cabinet, and the Left call her a porch monkey, a step and fetch, and the like. The Left complain that if you dont vote for Hillary, you hate women. Mc cain adds Palin to his ticket, and the Left bash her and say she should be home (not to mention how they faked nudist photos of her, trying to get her tossed off the ticket, or are trying to condem her for believing in the Bible-"she believes Jesus rode dinosors 4000 years ago..."). Remeber how they were saying that Republicans were racists, BUT, Obama brags about how he doesnt look like the other white candidates, or Jimmy Carter who called him "black boy" AT the DNC just a few weeks ago.

Source(s): personal views, and Rushlimbaugh Show, and Fox News, and NBC DNC broadcast
  • 1 decade ago

I don't think you have gotten the point of the Colbert Report, his purpose is to mock the right wing-he does not share their beliefs in real life. Everything he does is satire...everything.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow, I can't believe that you apparently don't know the difference between reality and extreme satire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Colbert is an equal opportunity mocker.

• 1 decade ago

yes he is mocking it. that's where his humor comes from. but i'm not sure if he is actually a conservative or a liberal (off screen i mean). i think he could very well be a conservative, and he just realizes that jokes never hurt anyone.

regardless, he is hilarious. but not as funny as jon stuart.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I love his show and Jon Stewarts.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Given that his character is based on Bill O, uh... yes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seriously? You don't get the joke?

Wow, you still think it is real. He is making fun of you...for our entertainment - you aren't really supposed to fall for it though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes...that is the purpose of the show...though it is generally a mixture of both sides....frankly, the past few years have had more stuff to mock the Republicans about.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.