Am I being too sensitive?

After a disagreement with my husband I went to work. Then I texted him: I dont want us 2 go thru the day upset with each other. I m sorry. And I just remembered i put my acct # on the ck, so you can't cash it.

He texted back: ok

That is all he texted. and I am upset. Is that an unacceptable response to my text or am I expecting too much?

Favorite Answer

Men need to think...don't be upset. You can work it out with him later. Plus, if he's at work, he's in Work-Mode...men don't *do* emotional thinking at work. That just IS. Be calm, it'll work out, okay? Give him time.

He's a man, be glad he even acknowledged your text.

He might just be busy and can't elaborate right now.

Personally I would prefer a verbal response, texting is so detached from emotion. And I think you want him to say sorry, but wouldn't you rather hear it?

On Tuesday I called my bf from work basically just to yell at him. But I didn't call him back, when I got him I told him I was sorry for calling JUST for that, but I want him to understand my frustration. We hugged, he apologized too and it felt sooo much better. So don't feel bad he didn't text a whole love story back, do it in person at home where there will be a hug and a kiss (or more) in the end. ;)

• Jess

Yes, I think you're being a little too sensitive.

It could have been worse, he could have not answered at all, or he could have answered back with something really rude.

I think that in a good relationship you need to pick and choose your battles, and sweetie this seems like a little thing to be upset about.

• mine is the same way; that's just the way yours is to I'm sure. Guys typically aren't verbal or into the phone at all. Everything will be fine when you get home tonight. I can't tell you how many times I've stewed about sh*t at work all day only to get home and everything is cool. Don't sweat it.

Don't be upset. He responded. For a guy that's big step. Just get through the day and make up when you get home.

Maybe some peoplel just don't like to text long messages.

• girl

guys by nature are less emotional than women.

if i were you, i might be a little hurt still from the bland answer, but i would accept it, and move on.

Give him a little time.

He'll probably be fine by the time you get home

Try calling, your adults, talking maybe better than texting