is this a good build?

I'm looking to build a pc that will last me for a while. I'm not an extreme gamer, nor do i do a whole lot of multitasking, but i would like a computer that is powerful and will be able to run what i need for a good amount of time. This is what I'm thinking:

-Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case w/ 25CM Fan

-EVGA 512-P3-N878-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ SSC Edition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

-PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS750QBL 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

-ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8600

any guru advice would be gretly appreciated.

yeah, i forgot to mention RAM. the mobo supports up to 16gb, but i was going to run either 4gb or 8gb with 64 bit vista. the board is SLI capable and comes with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card, so i wasn't worried about audio. i know this seems like it might be too much for someone who isn't into high end gaming or graphic design, i just want this to be able to keep up with the latest software for as long as possible. plus i've been checking out Crysis (mostly an xbox 360 gamer) and i want to be able to run it on my 22" monitor.

i didn't write anything about harddrives because they are so easy to come by nowadays, so i figured i would start with the main stuff first.

Favorite Answer

You didn't specify how much RAM you're going to have.

Just to add my two cents:

1) You should consider getting a Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card. The sound quality is superior to any onboard audio.

2) If you're looking at the 9800GTX, you should check out the GeForce 260 GTX. It's much more powerful.

3) You *may* want to consider an SLI motherboard, but that mobo is very good by itself.

4) You should look into a quad-core processor. It'll help with multitasking and gaming. This is around the same price as the one you picked out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

But both processors are pretty good.

Looks good. Just be sure to get everything you need, you're missing RAM and a harddrive in this list.

This system might be more than you really need though.

I game a lot, and i still use a GeForce 6200, I know it's lame, but I can still play most games if they arent newer than 2 years old. So the 9800 will be great.

Just be sure to get enough RAM for whatever OS you plan to run, 1GB is plenty for XP, and I think 2GB will be enough for Vista, but I haven't used Vista at home yet.

You would only need a machine of that specification if you was thinking of either benchmarking games, rendering and maybe graphics design.

Don't waste your money on a super computer that you don't really need. Also, I wouldn't recommend a top end graphics card unless you was thinking of running in higher resolutions than 1280x1024.

Also, you forgot to list your RAM ^.^ One of the most important, essential components you need.

RAM is low