Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoAcapulco · 1 decade ago

Which is Better to Live? Acapulco or Puerto Vallarta ?

Hello,

My mother (70 retired), and myself (41 single), are moving to Mexico. She is Canadian, I am American. We speak little Spanish.

Which is the better city to live and why? Acapulco or Puerto Vallarta?

What is each city like?

Which is safest for Americans?

Cost of living? Value of real estate? Villa's? Condo's?

Restaurants, things to do, beaches?

Thanks for the help in making our decision.

Favorite Answer

Many more gringos in the Vallarta area so is probably the best choice. Definately spend a few weeks in each area before deciding and rent for at least a year

Definitely Puerto Vallarta it is safer than acapulco. Acapulco is more populated and besides its sea is polluted. Acapulco is more for partying and in real state for foreigners I think Puerto Vallarta is the Best. But If I were to choose which part of Mexico to live in Id choose some place in the Yucatan Peninsula like Merida which is the state capital of Yucatan. If you sometime have chance to go there its gorgeous better than Puerto Vallarta with a lot of Haciendas and Mayan archaeological sites

Acapulco, filthiest coastline I have ever seen and city is over run through a drug gang. Gunfire each day contained in the streets. Puerto Vallarta, like numerous Pacific Coast seashores in Mexico a lot of sumerged rocks. Playa del Carmen, extra effective for snorkeling, extra romantinc, prettier and purifier coastline, prettier water and a lot less hardship from distributors coming as a lot as massive you if you attempt to relax on the coastline. the very stunning coastline is Las Maromas

• Mikey

I live in Acapulco. My best suggestion for this question is to come and visit. 2 weeks should do it. poke around the Town a little. Mexico is not for everybody.

leave your tourist glasses at home when you come and look at it from a residents point of view. Where to shop , laundry , your home ETC. Its very different and harsh.

I also highly recommend this site. Read ALL of it. It is very well written and will give you an insight into Mexico living that I simply cant write in this forum. His views and insight are relevant to ALL of Mexico

http://rollybrook.com/

I will help you any way I can in living in Acapulco but really encourage you to READ this guys adventures and experiences and see if this move is for you

Source(s): Retired in Acapulco