Is it legal for a credit card company to put a lien on your house?

I am not irresponsible. I charged up about $11,000 on a bank of america card in an effort to save my cat's life. He was attacked by a dog and was my son (i don't have human kids) for 12 years. Anyway, I was 2 days late on a payment and they bumped my interest rate to 31%. I couldn't afford the payments. I... show more I am not irresponsible. I charged up about $11,000 on a bank of america card in an effort to save my cat's life. He was attacked by a dog and was my son (i don't have human kids) for 12 years. Anyway, I was 2 days late on a payment and they bumped my interest rate to 31%. I couldn't afford the payments. I hired a debt reduction company but B of A continues to call me and says they refuse to work with them. They threatened to garnish my wages and take my house. They claim I used my house as collateral when I got the card, but that is an outright lie. I don't care about my credit score right now. I just want to get out of debt. Also, they are now saying I owe $22,000 rather than the $11,000 I charged. Any advice??? Can they take my house or wages?????
Update: Thank you all so much. It was just a regular credit card offer I got in the mail for 0% interest the first 12 months. It is in no way tied to my house. The woman that told me that said she didn't care about anything except getting their money and hung up on me when I asked to talk to her supervisor.
Update 2: I am trying to get it taken care of but it is difficult because they are refusing to work with me or the company I hired to help me.