On my motorcycle,when it's stationary and is on,why is it really hard to shift from gear 1 to 0(neutral)?

Any ideas what the problem is? When I'm actually riding, it doesn't get stuck, only when I'm stationary and the motorcycle is on and I'm just shifting through the gears to test them out. When it's off and I'm shifting through the gears with just the key turned to on it does seem to shift fairly smoothly. Even if I... show more Any ideas what the problem is? When I'm actually riding, it doesn't get stuck, only when I'm stationary and the motorcycle is on and I'm just shifting through the gears to test them out. When it's off and I'm shifting through the gears with just the key turned to on it does seem to shift fairly smoothly. Even if I do manage to get it to 0 I sometimes can't shift it to gear 2. Also, sometime I tend to go from gear 1 to 2 and then I am actually allowed to slightly downshift from gear 2 to 0 by barely tapping it down to down shift. The problem is when I accidentally pass gear 0 and go straight down to gear 1 and then can't seem to go back to 0 without literally having to use my hand strength. Is this normal? Am I supposed to oil something? What do you think the problem is? Please help. Thank you very much.