Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesPortland · 1 decade ago

Where are some good places to go in Portland, Oregon?

I'm going to Portland, Oregon from October 18th-22nd. Where are some good places to go while I'm here. I would like to find great places to shop and eat, anything halloween related that'sis going on, a concert or poetry/arts event would be cool, some bars and awesome dance clubs to go to at night and anything else that you can think of that would be good. The only place I know of that I want to go to is the Portland City Grill.... any other suggestions? let me know. Thanks in advance!

Oh and with the restaraunts, I would love to find a great vegetarian or vegan place so if anyone knows of any, that would be wonderful. oh and I love vegetarian sushi so that would be a plus!

Favorite Answer

The Roloff Farm Pumpkin Patch in Hillsboro.

Matt and Amy Roloff are the stars of the reality show, Little People, Big World.

General Admission: Free

Pumpkins: 35¢ lb.

Two Guided Tours

Original Town Tour (with stop at our Western Town)

New Scenic Tour (see the rest of the Roloff Farms!)

Visit our pumpkin gift barn (T-shirts, Hats, Jam Honey, Snacks, Hot Beverages & More)

New Food corner (enjoy a great selection of food, treats and cold beverages)

New Pumpkin fun house

New Exotic animal hut

Group Reservations Available Thursday and Friday

Open Thursday thru Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM thru October 26th

Edited to add: For restaurants I highly recommend Old Wives Tales on E. Burnside. They have lots of vegetarian food and their Hungarian Mushroom Soup is to die for. A bowl of that along with some of their fresh baked bread and I'm in heaven. Take a look at their website and you'll understand where I'm coming from

http://www.oldwivestalesrestaurant.com

Then after dinner go to McMenamin's Pub on NW Glisan for some great seasonal microbrews.

Pioneer Place the kick @$$ mall, The opera house near PSU, Blossoming Lotus wicked good vegan restuarant, there's alot of random things to do. Art galleries, concerts, tons of restaurtants which reminds me ROCK BOTTOM Brewery is pretty sweet too. Also you can take tours of the haunted parts of PDX. the rose gardens, ad PDX zoo are cool too. The Pittock Mansion. I know PDX like the back of my hand went to the Art Institute of PDX for two years, former apparel design major. Used to wonder around the city like nutts. Excellent place if you tend to be more on the artsy side like me. lol. Voodoo Doughnuts is a good place to haunt. POWELLS Book store too is the most rad place ever. it's massive and has amazing books. GOOD LUCK. Coffee houses are good too. Pita Pit too. Have fun!

Source(s): My wonderful treks around PDX with friends at nite.