Japanese honorifics,Oneesan,Niisan,Aniki,Jiji,Sama,kun?

"What's closer - Oneechan or Oneesan?"

This question that crawled in my rear and I just had to answer it.

My spelling might be off but bear with me...

Nee/Onee-Female/Ni-Male:These terms can be used for cousins and siblings, Onee denotes more age, Anki is also used for older brothers but has other uses,see below.

Oba/Ba-Female/Oya-Male(SP) Are used for much older cousins, aunts and uncles and close males and females, I do not think Oya is used with the O liek Ba/Oba is..rarely can be used for ones own parents.

Oka=Ka-Female/Otou=Tou-Male:Used for parents or parent in laws, Ka/Tou being a more custiy/friendly way to say it.

Ba-Female/Ji-Male=Used for grandparent or close elderly relative. Say it twice(Baba/Jiji) and they are used as rough or rude terms for people beyond middle age, Oyaji is a term used for middle aged men that has the same rudeness as Jiji.

Honorifics

Chin/Kin=Rarely used ultra cute more of a cute nick name than a real honorific I think.

Chan=Normal used less informal for friends its a more friendly and cute term that can be applied to things to make them sound more cute

San=Normal used, like Ms/MR.

Aniki- Used for elder/older brother or older male mentor or leader of a group, favored by gangs and rarely used for female leaders.

Kun= this one gets me its confused all the time, used for close male friends(generally by the lesser mature to the more mature one),is used by girls to denote the boys they like more than the the rest and rarely used at girls.

Han=Lesser used version of san for non children I think.

Dono=Lesser used more respectful than "san" generally used for fighters, warriors highly capable people and like kun used between peers but lesser used than Senpai and kohai.

Sama= This almost equates to Lord/Lady while I would say its not quite that defined like it is in English terms its as close as you can get, leaders and people you wish to speak highly respect of and about gets Sama attached to their name.

Senpai/kōhai: Mentorship/Admireship/Relationship of peers, Senpai equates to seniority and Kohai less seniority, used between peers of like ages in all walks of life.

I know I am wrong on something or begin to vague please correct me if I am wrong.

Oh and Oneechan is closer if you want to be more cute/friendly in your words, Oneesan for if you feel you are more equals and OneeSama if you want to be highly respectful.

Refine my thoughts where you can if you dare the grammar is deadly!! LOL

Just saying its a basic and general "understanding" of it, is it perfect no but its good enough for basic meanings.

• Joe
    Favorite Answer

you're right the gramma is deadly.

generally, you're correct. there are some nuianses that you missed, or are mistakened. However, it is way beyond most Japanese class in The States, so recommend you to goto Japan for a year or so, or have a Japanese native students to correct you

good luck

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

"What's closer - Oneechan or Oneesan?"

Nee/Onee-Female/Ni-Male:These terms can be used for cousins and siblings, Onee denotes more age, Anki is also used for older brothers but has...

Source(s): japanese honorifics oneesan niisan aniki jiji sama kun: https://biturl.im/ik0TI

My uncle is black and his girlfriend is Japanese and they have been dating for about 3 years now so apparently they do like black people -Tiauna