Marine corp reserve bonus?

I leave for MEPS this Monday. i am recieveing the "kicker' which is extra money for the GI bill. i asked my recruiter if i will also recieve the 20,000 that recruits are recieveing for enlisting. i know that today (Oct. 1st) is the new fiscal year. i have waited 4 months to enlist because more money for school and the enlistment bonus.Is that 20k for recruits that are being hard headed and wont sign unless they are given money? Will he not give me the 20k becaue he knows I want to be a Marine without the knick knacks and money? i am enlisitng regardless of the money but can he give the 20k to whoever he wants(most likeley poeple who do not want to sign).

Favorite Answer

The Marine Corps RARELY gives out bonuses and I have NEVER seen any recruiter give out a $20k bonuses - even now that Oct has started.. The largest I've ever seen was $10k & that was 2 bonuses to one recruit who was a critical MOS & moved his ship date up three months on three days notice. I've also never seen them give any bonus money to a reservist regardless of what MOS they were doing. So, be glad you're getting the extra on the GI Bill & don't worry about the rest of the money.

The Marine Corps reserves its bonus money for reenlistment bonuses.

Source(s): Marine recruiter's gf.

o.k., a funky dude... Why do not you do somewhat diagnosis and learn for your self appropriate to the hot GI invoice. wherein, the "kicker" is carefully beside the point. you're probable one in each of those fool who believes each thing the recruiter tells them, and would not any learn on their very own. Get out of my Marine Corps.

• In the Marine Corps you dont need a bonus being a Marine is a bonus enough.

You need to go to this link and read it to see if you qualify for the enlistment bonus. If you were I am sure that your recruiter would have started the process.

http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MCBUL72...

reserves wont get it