How many Americans support John McCain's bid to become dictator of the United States?

In his own words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Hcf7Q1Q9A

Youtube thumbnail

"If I were dictator, WHICH I'VE ALWAYS ASPIRED TO BE..."

Your thoughts?

• Sidney
    Favorite Answer

Very frightening. He apparently also gave an example of how Bush could ignore Congress and in essence be a dictator.

I thought it was bad when he said in his memoirs, "I didn't decide to run for president to start a national crusade for the political reforms I believed in or to run a campaign as if it were some grand act of patriotism. In truth, I wanted to be president because it had become my ambition to be president. . . . In truth, I'd had the ambition for a long time."

And then he talked about reforms he would like to make and accused Obama of running because of his ambition.

Here is more from the interview.

October 1, 2008

GRUMPY MCCAIN EMERGES IN IOWA....With recent polls showing John McCain struggling in Iowa -- a state Bush won four years ago -- the Republican nominee swung through the Hawkeye State yesterday, including a lengthy chat with the Des Moines Register, which endorsed McCain before January's Iowa caucuses.

It didn't go well.

The videos of the discussion between McCain and the editors are worth watching, because the transcripts alone don't convey just how angry and sarcastic McCain became when challenged. I wouldn't go so far as to say McCain completely lost his cool, but we did get a glimpse of Angry McCain, and his temper led to some odd responses. The Register's editors, for example, noted that McCain has taxpayer-backed health care throughout his life. The senator responded, with a sharp tone:

"You know that's an interesting statement, isn't it? And I have never been an astronaut, but I think I know the challenges of space. And I have never done a lot of things in my life that I think I am familiar with."

I have no idea what this means given the context of the question.

The Register's editors also noted some of the obviously dishonest ads McCain has run, including the ridiculous and disgusting spot accusing Obama of supporting sex-ed for kindergarteners.

"...I have always had 100 percent, absolute truth and that's been my life of putting my country first. And I'll match that record against anyone's. And I'm proud of it. And an assertion that I've ever done otherwise, I take strong exception to."

McCain has lied a lot this year, but he really doesn't like it when people bring it up.

McCain was probably most annoyed with the editors asked about Sarah Palin's readiness for national office. "[W]ith due respect, I strongly disagree with your premise that she doesn't have experience and knowledge and background," McCain said, visibly annoyed "I fundamentally disagree and I'm proud of her record." Sensing he may be pushing the anger envelope a bit, McCain started to launch into another tirade before saying, "I'll stop there."

"He also sarcastically referred to his five years as a prisoner of war when answering a question about his having government-financed health care throughout his military and congressional career."

this is such a stupid question, i shouldnt even be entertaining this since its just going to be overran with the obama-ites sayins 'no, no, your wrong! your wrong!' your opinion is wrong! its about CHANGE!' well i have this to say... change what? you mean the old 'if it aint broke fix it till it is' change? gotcha! yeah, im voting mccain. anywhoo... now to my answer.

maybe im wrong, but im pretty sure hes NOT talkin about being dictator of the country, but who knows because the clip is only like 7 seconds long and edited to a specific topic with no supporting evidence to suggest ANYTHING. obviously propaganda. but if he is, isnt that what the presidency has been transformed into anyways, dictatorship you (or your elected officials) can vote for?

mccain may not be the best man for the job, but hes a hell of a lot better than obama, so i do support his bid to be 'dictator'. god i cant believe i just spent all this time writing all this crap that everyone already knows anyways... hahaha... say that last sentence 3 times fast!

• coopey

Lol i develop into questioning an same, this is almost as if McCain is accepting that Obama will win, from what I examine and stated. even if i does no longer call it an endorsement, almost like an popularity of defeat and prefer somebody else suggested saving face for an massive defeat. yet do not count number him out yet, he nevertheless has a probability. Btw i will't vote yet so I even haven't anyplace in this

• Delita

He and Palin remind me of Pinky and the Brain.

Palin: Gee brain, what are we doing tomorrow?

McCain: Same thing we always do. Try and take over the world!