Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

If the US dollar collapses, what would happen, would there be a failed revolution followed by dictatorship?

Will there be a military dictatorship in the United States if the dollar collapses?

And before you say the revolution would succeed: Please remember the real capability of the United States military.

They can EASILY control the United States populations, of course though, millions of people may die in the process.

If the dollar collapses, it will be so very much worse than in 1929.

Compare the situations and you will see why!

The situation will be that much worse!

• herkk
    Favorite Answer

If dollar collapses whole world collapses, so yes that would also result in chaos in US, as everything would be completely wiped out. Dollar will have no value therefore everything will collapse. Dictatorship certainly is a possibility, the situation would be very suitable for dictatorship, and President now actually has those powers thanks to the 'Patriot Act'.

I seriously doubt military getting involved as they are frustrated themselves, and you're forgetting military is made up of people from different states. Highly likely scenario would be for well of states to secede before it reaches that point ie California for one, which will completely result in collapsed US economy.

Other scenarios would depend on the circumstances, even if such attempts are made I doubt it it could be imposed for a long time, and I don't think if faced with resistance military will continue for long. The bigger problem will be police already addicted to fascism, however most of the country has guns!

• Elissa

Absolutely. There will be a general uprising, and the military won't be able to do a thing about it, because they're all over in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Capitol Building and the White House will be burnt down, and the US will become an anarchy. The economy will revert to barter. The infrastructure and power grid will collapse, and only the Amish will be able to function.

Please. Get real.

In 1929, the dollar did not collapse- the dollar became MORE valuable- and there was no problem with the miltiary doing anything to anyone.

Our dollar would be worth half as much- depression dollars were backed by gold, which they raised the value of, so if you could get your uninsured money out you'd have been OK. Now you'd get your money back- after they printed more of it ,devaluing it greatly. Yes, it would be a mess- can you say, Black Water and Martial Law?

I don't think so..We are smarter then we were 30 ,40 ,50 years ago..

With mobile phone and the internet so on and so on..

The people couldn't be silenced ..

In Australia we have no fear of anything like that.

Yes it will take a military battalion to take me down. I agree; My life would end when they called in air support. Until that time, me and mine would hold our own. We would die fighting for the same thing our ancestors died for.

Source(s): AMERICA, land of the FREE and home of the BRAVE
  • Xray

Herkk is right. Germany was in a depression, then came a dictator called Hitler and you know the rest.