Are piercings and tattoos a sin ?

i have my ears done 3 times

im not a bible basher or non believer i just wanted to know what other ppl think

Best Answer

Yes, according to the Bible. It states that you should not profane your body.

Besides that, the body itself is a masterpiece. Why have it filled with peaces of junk going through unnatural holes and drawings that alter it and make it look like a wall in the hood?

You want to look better then work out, be healthy and give it the right shape

Source(s): +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Morethan, Give me a break, You cannot compare eating something fast on the street or using blue contact lenses or a nice pair of pants with making 3 holes in your ear or drawing something akward in your body. You cant compare lemons with peaches. Its not just about reading, its about understanding. I agree with Loving God and Loving People, but you left out the third important element: Yourself... Not in a selfish way, but the other way around. Become a better person (includes how you act, how you learn and how you cultivate your body and soul) to serve God and the people in a better way.

Is Body Piercing A Sin

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awBgR

I know I'm not a guy, but I'll answer anyway. As a girl who has multiple piercings, including 3 on my face (septum, medusa and bridge), tattoo on my shoulder and a half sleeve on my arm (slowly working up to a full sleeve), from my experience most guys like it. You'll definitely draw a lot of attention to yourself, so if you don't mind being constantly asked 'did that hurt?' blah blah blah, then go for it. I've found that the majority of men I meet like it, or at least appreciate it. It's definitely an interesting conversation starter with other tattoo enthusiasts. I'd suggest to not worry too much about what other people think. Some people love tattoos, some people hate them. You might get funny looks sometimes, I have before. But it's useful though, if I get funny looks or comments, I can immediately suss out the people who will judge you by your cover, rather than who you really are. And I don't really have time for people like that. At the end of the day, it's your body, do with it what you like.

I don't think it's a sin i have piercings and I'm getting tattoos doesn't make me a criminal or a Satan worshiper.i believe in a higher power of good and i have a job and i am a good person.

• J W W

No many people in the BIble had both without in sin occurring. Right wing freaks tend to add rules to the Bible.

It is not a sin. Some christians will quote the verse below to "advice" you not to pierce or tattoo. --->

“Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:28)

However, if we quote the Leviticus law on tattoo and piercing, then non-christians can also accuse us of not following other Leviticus laws.

Jesus clearly said, that if we subject ourselves to one part of the law, then we must subject ourselves to EVERY part of the law.

If you say, "NO "defiling" of your body with tattoos and piercings", then you MUST NOT dye your hair, wear fancy clothes, wear colored contact lens, eat unhealthy food, wear jewelery etc.

If the we quote one Leviticus law about piercing and tattooing, then what about the laws on eating of shellfish, stoning of rebellious children, and New Testament laws like prohibition of women preaching and wearing jewelery to church?

Things changes over time. Culture changes over time, and God allows grey areas because He knows things do change. His grace allows different things to be done at different timings, which might not have been allowed in the past.

1 Corinthians 6:12

"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything.

1 Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Romans 6:14

14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

+++++

Then again, you must also always remember that, everything will pass away, but only His Word will stand, and Him alone is worthy of our worship. :)

http://allthroughtime.blogspot.com/2008/08/can-we-...

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Mary Jo,

If you say piercing is defiling of youe body, then what about eating unhealthy food, wearing colored contact lens, coloring of hair, applying lotion on our bodies, wearing jewelery and fancy clothes?

We can argue all day long about our own self-righteousness. But what are the 2 greatest commandments? Love God, and love people. You must read the whole Bible to know that God is not a petty God, to be concerned about our appearances. All of the time, He looks at our hearts.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mary Jo,

Yes, eating unhealthy food can be compared to piercings. Jesus said, it is not what goes into our body that makes us "unclean" or "sinful" but it is what is in our hearts that determines whether we are really worshipping God.

Why do you eat fast food then? It is so unhealthy and you are not responsible for your own body, that God created.

But is GOD such a petty God, to be concerend about our appearances on the outside?

Don't you know also that a guy can bring glory to God with his tattooed cross on his arm when his friends ask him about his tattoo and faith?

God is big. He is wise. Your rules do not contain His grace.

Our body is a temple, but its not really bad if you have ur ears pierced..were talking about the lips and ect...and anyways we should take care of our bodies

That depends on your own belief system.

According to most I've studied...No.

I just asked the Flying Spaghetti Monster and he said, "This is the FSM, I can't take your call at the moment, I'm down the street getting my tongue pierced and then I'm heading off to the tattoo parlour for a new..."....

Source(s): May you be touched by his noodly appendage...RAmen

um..sigh depends on what your religion is and if you believe in sin or not...

Source(s): ~wiccan~