My eight year old has trouble sleeping without noise?

Normally I have something going for her, but tonight my grandma asked that we turn everything off. I had to have my daughter come sleep with me in the meantime. She just got her own room and is getting used to being by herself. I don't want her to get used to sleeping with me again. Any ideas on how to create a little noise that won't bother others?

• Lydia
    Best Answer

A fan - or a cool mist humidifier turned on low.

Leave her door open with the bathroom fan on. Purchase an air purifier or even try a block heater and put it on fan mode, not heat mode. Purchase an sound maker for infants, it plays white noise, water fall, rain, babbling brook etc. Explain to grandma that those don't require alot of electricity particularly the sound maker.

My daughter is the same way, she requires noise to sleep too.

I use a fan to create background noise for my daughter to sleep. We have a train that goes by at one in the morning. With the ceiling fan on she sleeps through it but if the fan is off she wakes up.

my son has slept his entire life with some type of sound. i've used CDs designed for children with opera and classical music. when his grandma is visiting she does the same thing, asks him to turn everything off. he has a hard time dealing with it. for her visits he keeps the radio closer to his head and keeps the volume down. grandma still gets upset but she's sleeping in his room and he had to lay down the law on her. lol

You could use this to her advantage. You can buy little CD'S for, say, French, maths etc.....and play these quietly next to her bed. It could help her learning and shouldn't too loud, like most music is (annoyingly from a teen's point of view LOL).

run a fan in her room. Get a radio and put it on a classical music station, quiet enough that only she can hear it. Open her bedroom window a crack so that "night noises" can be heard.

u could put the music on and turn it down were u might not here it

• KitKat

my daughter has always had a sound soother. she likes the sound of the waves. you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart.