HP LaserJet P1005 Doesn't Print ?

I've just bought a new HP LaserJet P1005 Printer ...

I did all the things written in the manual & instructions .

When I try to print It doesn't print at all !

The orange light keeps flashing for some seconds then stop & nothing happens & no paper is printed .

What could be the problem ? What to do ?

Favorite Answer

It would be helpful If there were a bit more information, but ill try to do what I can.

1) make sure that when your printing, dont just hit the print icon, actually go to FILE>PRINT, or whatever it may be. And make sure that you select the correct printer. Just because its newly installed, doesnt mean that it is the new default printer.

2) if its through USB, make sure you installed the drivers/software correctly or at all, I usally dont, but sometimes it does help quite a bit

3) if its through the network, make sure that its IP address isnt changing, and make sure that your computer is connecting to it properly. find out what its IP address is, and type it into the internet browser like such: "http://192.168.0.1", thats just an example.

4) google that printer, and see if you can find if anyone else is having similar problems, if so, register and email those people....dont be scared to email random people, most of the time they will be happy to help.

when you print, make sure that the name (which is located next to properties) is HP LaserJet P1005. It has to be the name of the printer your using for it to print.

Take the cartridge out and turn off the printer then turn it back on and re insert the cartridge and see if it resets. If it does not then I would suggest you email HP technical support. I have found that by emailing tech support, you get speedy replies, in English and you do not get posted to India.

You communicate by email and they will either have the correct answer or will arrange for a Fed Ex pickup of your unit and will send you a replacement.

Source(s): Worked for Staples 7.5 yrs
  • teets

P1005 Printer

Try reinstalling it I had this prob took about 5 times to get it to work if you have a disc use it and dont skip any of the installation

hope this helps

and have you insalled the cartridges lol

set it as your default printer

make sure that you removed ALL of the packaging, the light shows that it is getting data from the computer.

If all else fails take it back to where you got it from

try sortwere for it go to www.dp.com

Source(s): www.hp.com