Do you have an Emergency Plan?

How many of you out there have an Emergency Plan "in place" for your family, in case of an emergency, natural or otherwise? If so, what does it entail?

For those of us that don't-

with everything that is happening, I think it should be on the top of our priority list! Don't you agree?

Do we really know what will happen next? As the situation progresses, should we be prepared for the worst case scenario?

Best Answer

Without sounding too dismal, it is beyond our imagination as to what human beings are capable of today. In the past, it was usually known as to what to expect in an emergency situation and most were prepared, materially and mentally, if that doesn't sound too contradictory..today is much different. This would certainly be true for some natural disasters, as they can usually be predicted ahead of time and allow people to act accordingly. The worst case scenario would undoubtedly be a nuclear disaster, where one would be better off at ground zero rather than to survive, albeit for short period of time. There would be little time to prepare and the chaos would rival the worst confusion in Hell, itself. The human mind would not be capable of handling such an incident, were it to unfold. I have seen this panic once before in my lifetime, and was astounded at the actions that humans commit in the moments that they believe will be their last. One can really only be prepared to die and be accepting of such a fact. Our Lord Jesus Christ tells us not to worry about the "future" for we know not what the future holds. There are no emergency plans for the soul. That is a lifelong drill.

Source(s): Pesonal Experience

1

Source(s): Best Type of Survival Food http://renditl.info/UltimateSurvivalFood

Hi glow wings,hope your doing well today ;-)

We don’t have a ‘plan’ no, its kind of, something happens if and when ithappens, you cant plan for that,

I always said if a fire broke out and cant be contained, we will open/smash the window and jump out with the mattress, not ideal, but it’s the only option if we cant get out the door

Anyway, I have my boyf, hes pretty diligent and intelligent and knows how to deal with these things, hes not like other people, who would just panic and not be able to think clearly, hed know just what to do and would keep his head clear

Of course preparation is best, but im not sure what you mean by ‘with everything been happening’ or 'the situation' ive not been aware of anything out of the ordinary

of course we dont know what will happen next, thats part of the 'joy' and of course the fear of life, the unknown

we shoudl just prepare in the realistic way that we are able to, which is a basic plan, because no matter how well you plan, any thing can and probably will go wrong and change your plan, you have to deal with these things as they happen

Sigh, well there is an emergency plan for where I live, but we don't have anything set up for if something happens, how we would get a hold of each other..... When there were tornado's in Manhattan, Kansas this past spring, I was on the phone with my daughter up to the very last second before the tornado hit. I barely slept that night because there was no way to find out if she was alright or not. The crying and screaming from her dorm mates kept going through my mind, and the fear in her own voice. You are right, there does need to be an emergency plan in place, even if you are no longer living with your family. This way everyone will be able to get a hold of everyone.

• Re: Natural disaster, the answer is sadly NO. Oh great. Now I feel irresponsible. lol.

Re: The economy: Divorce last year sucked up my "emergency plan". I currently don't have one and yes I am quite concerned. The only thing I have going for me is that I don't have any loans or credit card debt.

I do wonder if I will be able to buy a home anytime soon since the credit resources are drying up.

I additionally fear that the independently wealthy will begin buying up all the foreclosure properties making the rich richer, the poor poorer and those in between with no where to go but down. :(

Re: Dental care. No again!

Well at least I am consistent. Consistently irresponsible that is.

Our country is natural calamity stricken area. And the place i lived in has this so-called Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council responsible for emergency plans whenever there is a natural calamity. So we are happy to say we are ready based on the plan prepared for us. Advisory is being made from time to time whether is a storm, typhoon or super typhoon. Earthquake drills are also being conducted in our area. And i agree with you that the family has at least plans in case of emergencies.

Thanks for asking. Have a great day!

• gatita

We are living in a time of great turmoil and need to be aware of the dangers that surround us. There are prophecies foretold in the Bible that give us a very clear picture of what lies ahead. Wars, natural disasters, financial collapse, loss of employment, high suicide rates, crime increasing, et al. None of these events will just go away and in fact will continue to increase as the day of the Lord approaches.

I, myself, don't have a physical emergency plan, however, I do have a spiritual emergency plan for my life. The only way to enact such a plan is to be sure that you are walking in the path the Lord has directed us to walk. Remember Hebrews 11:1 --- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen. We don't have to see everything to know and understand the ways of the Lord.

Matthew 16:4 --- A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and ... It is human nature for people to trust only the things that they can see, but God has given us signs of His soon coming that the public refuses to acknowledge, much less believe.

The best spiritual emergency plan for everyone is to trust in the Lord, accept Him as the Savior of the world, believe His words are true, study the Word, pray, fast, be faithful, and be lovers of others not of ourselves. All this involves sacrifice of OURSELVES to serve others. Whether or not I have a physical emergency plan is not important because I know I have a heavenly home with the Lord.

Hebrews 9:27 --- And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Hebrews 10:31 --- It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

It is important to also remember that as a children of the Most High God we will only die once, a physical death; however, the ungodly deniers of the Lord will die twice, both a physical and spiritual death. This is the reason it is vitally important that we have a spiritual emergency plan because it will determine where we will spend eternity. We will all die eventually but where will be in eternity depends only upon our choices made while still alive. In Christ,

gatita_63109

Source(s): KJV Bible 1611

Since I dont have anyone as a family or friends that i could network with in case of an emergency I am all alone.

As for preparing. You may be correct. I recall living through the Cuban Missal Crisis nothing happened. I have lived through other crisis events in my life and have survived one day at a time trusting God.

DFF

• We can't ever get snow or bad weather here; Grandmama always prays it away! If we have an emergency here, I know Grandmama won't leave. So we'll probably go over to her house and help her with whatever she needs. We love to hear her preach :-)

I have a dental plan, but I don't use it because I hate going to the dentist ;-)

LOL! That's not a "jab" at you for the Dental Category thing :-)

Well, OK, maybe a little friendly one!

I'm actually a little embarrassed at not having an elaborate plan -- with provisions -- in place. But if something really big and bad happens, we know Someone who is able to Prepare, Provide, AND Protect!

2 Tim 1:12 -- ...nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that HE IS ABLE to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Heb 7:25 -- Wherefore HE IS ABLE also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

• Tornado, Fire, Blizzard (in Kansas, its possible). Robbery, Power Outage, Flood and even if there is an earthquake. There is dried food, bottled water, emergency first aide, radio, emergency cell phone, clothing and a Bible. Why the Bible you ask? because the Lord is always there when you need him. He and Faith are to the best people to have in case of an emergency.