Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Why Do People Think Derrick Rose?

Is better than Kirk Hinrich. That is disgraceful I mean he is a rookie what has he proven? Also, I do not ever think he will be better than Kirk Hinrich. Captain Kirk is a better all-around player and its a shame his team betrayed him. He will go elsewhere now.

Ok, Rose was a great college player in Memphis took his team to NCAA Championships. Well, so was and so did Hinrich in Kansas.

Hinrich took the Bulls to 3 straight playoff appearances sweeping the champion Heat and advancing to the second round losing in six to Detroit.

Kirk Hinrich is way more offensively sound he has a great outside shot and Rose is great in getting to rim his outside shot needs work. Their dribbling is equal. Rose is the better passer, but Hinrich isnt a bad one gets 6+ a game. Also, what separates them even more is that Hinrich may be the toughest pg in the league he is tough as nails and very physical. Along, with Chauncey Billups he is the best defensive pg in the league.

I think D. Rose will have a slightely better rookie season than Mike Conley Jr.'s rookie year and Hinrich will continue being Hinrich.

Hinrich >>>>>>> Rose

Favorite Answer

I agree with you. There's no way Rose should be given the starting nod from Hinrich. Not because he is Chicago's first overall pick and the fans want him doesn't necessarily mean that he is already better than Hinrich. The only thing is that he is a bigger point guard than Capt. Kirk. It also just so happened that last season, Hinrich was out of sync! It was a disastrous season not just for him but also the franchise. Hinrich may get traded but I will always like him.

I dont know whos sayin Rose is better than Hinrich at this point. Obviously, like you said, Hinrich has more experience, is more proven, and is an outstanding defensive player. Many people are predicting that Rose will develop into a top PG in the league, but right now he is very young a needs time to grow. He cannot be compared to Kirk until he steps on the NBA floor and gets some playing time under his belt. I see Rose emerging into a powerful PG down the road, but he needs time to develop.

There's not many rookies who can come to the pro game and live up to the hype. With PG's, it takes three or so years before they get their team's backing and learn the system.

I've always thought Rose was a bit overrated, but I think he's going to be a good defender and, if he works harder, can be a very good PG in the NBA.

The thing about the Bulls, to me, is they need someone who is willing to be the leader. Someone who is willing to take all the shots, play hard d, and keep the players in line. Hinrich is fundamentally sound and a great team guy, but he needs to be on a team where he can just lead by example. He needs another superstar to overshadow him.

Rose can be the guy to kinda straighten the Bulls out. Deng and Gordon obviously have no interest in that role.

Derrick Rose has been a phenom since his HS days, his game is very similar to Stephon Marbury's (during his prime). Rose is way more athletic than Hinrich and can score at will. The only knock on Rose is that he can't hit his jumpshots consistently, but Magic Johnson didn't have a jumpshot either coming out of College, but he developed one during his early years with the Lakers.

Hinrich is Fundamently sound, but the Biggest difference between Rose and Hinrich is that Rose is a Playmaker, Hinrich isn't.

• ?

Derrick Rose all day Rajon Rondo for the win sure sure sure Rajon Rondo banks contained in the three on the Buzzer and the Boston Celtics win the Basketball recreation 118-117 over the Los Angles Lakers Oh what an exceedingly very surprising shot through Rajon Rondo on the Buzzer wow we

Who what

i thinks he's gonna be a bust