Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

me and my girlfriend are all ways getting mad when my girl come home?

when my daughter come home,me and my girl friend get mad and don't talk until after she leaves she think i don't wont her around,

Favorite Answer

Sounds like your girlfriend needs to grow up! I would explain to her that when your daughter is with you that she will need your attention. Explain that if it continues you will have to ask her to leave while your child is home with you. She can come back when the child leaves. If she doesn't like that ideal, then tell her to join in the fun and stop being childish!

She is obviously jealous of the relationship you have with your own child. She knows you want her around she is just using that as an excuse to jump mad and act childish. You need to make it clear to her that your daughter is number one in your life over any female and if she can't respect that then that's her problem. No woman should make you feel as if you have to choose between her and your child. Talk to her and try to see if the two of you can work this out. If the two of you can't resolve this issue then she needs to date a guy that doesn't have a child and you should find a woman that will accept you and your daughter as a total package. Good Luck

• Ella

What is the relationship like between your daughter and g/f?

Is it strained and they rarely speak?

Is there outward animosity between them?

I used to date a guy that had an 8 year old daughter.

The daughter was jealous of me and treated me like I was invisible.

And if her father and I were hugging, the girl would physically split us apart, and stand guard in front of her father with her arms crossed.

Needless to say, she and I didn't have a good relationship.

So my relationship with her father ended in less than a year.

If your situation is similar, then you need to talk with your daughter, and then a private conversation with the g/f.

And if it can't be worked through, then your g/f should stay away the days you have your daughter.

Make your gf understand how much your daughter means to you. It seems she's competing with your offspring. Unless she's very selfish, she wouldn't mind that some of your time is spend with your daughter. If she truly loves you, she will understand. Think about it, if you wind up marrying her in the future, can you even imagine how she's going to treat your baby girl by then? Just talk and dont fight please. I hope it gets resolved. Goodluck.

• I think it's jealousy...she probably mad that u had a child by someone else and don't like the fact tell her she have to accept the whole package that's u and your daughter.

Tell your girlfriend to grow up, this is your daughter!

I wouldn't want this women around my child and I am sure your daughter has picked up on your girlfriends negative behavior about her.

talk more clearly next time.

i had to read it several time before i understood what u were saying.

There is 1 answer to your question, don't fight around her ! Keep your personal Business personal !

Oh, one more thing ... DUMP YOUR GIRLFRIEND !

because your daughter is way more important.

maybe she thinks that the girl is gonna be in the way of your relationship plus, she probably thinks you have contact with your old flame and still hang out with her and might get back together. like if she was married before and got divorced but they still live in the same house would you be cool with that?

Then don't get mad at her. Pay attention to you daughter.

I dont understand why you are blaming your daughter for this. She hasnt done anything wrong. You are planning on leaving her fatherless becasue of something stupid as that. WOW You have problems.