Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How much weight can I lose?

Okay, I started out at 283 lbs (any rude or mean-spirited answers will be reported, so don't waste my time or yours) and anyhow, since I've changed my eating habits (not dieting, because this is a permanent lifestyle change) and exercising by walking an hour a day in the park, I'm down to 272 since like, a week ago. I've been keeping a diary of what I eat every day. If I continue to eat like this and take a brisk 1-hour walk every day, how fast should the weight start coming off? What's the maximum you think I can lose per week and also, any opinions or advice would be nice as well. Here's what I'm eating.

9/23/08

B: Medium banana, water

L: SlimFast Optima 190 calories

D: small salad with 3 cherry tomatoes, italian dressing

one slice of whole grain bread (no mayo) with 1 tbsp of tuna salad and 2 leaves of lettuce, caffeine free diet Pepsi, water

Oh, and 2 white russians which does have milk (skim) and coffee liquor

9/24/08

B: half medium banana, caffeine free diet Pepsi

D: Salad from subway with turkey breast, olives, green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and fat free italian dressing... 2 bites of Lydiah's sub that she didn't eat (wheat bread, mayo, turkey, cheese) and 2 slices of apple, water, water, water

9/25/08

B: medium banana, water

D: one slice of whole grain bread, tsp Hellmann's spicy mustard (5 cal's) with 1 tbsp tuna salad, 1 leaf of lettuce, salad w/ 3 cherry tomatoes, italian dressing, small handful of Baked Lays, water, caffeine free Diet Pepsi

9/26/08

B: small gala apple

D: one small slice of Little Caesars pepperoni pizza, water, a few white russians

9/27/08

B: small gala apple, 1 slice whole grain toast (no butter), water

D: salad with 3 cherry tomatoes, 5 slices of cucumber, 1 slice sandwich turkey (chopped up), italian dressing, small baked potato w/ tsp. butter, water, water, water

9/28/08

B: None

L: water, SlimFast, half medium pear

D: small salad w/ 2 cherry tomatoes, italian dressing, small baked potato w/ tsp. of butter, half of a small hamburger steak, water, caffeine free Diet Pepsi, water, water

9/29/08

B: small pear (it's kinda nasty about right now)

D: one can Campbell's chicken noodle soup, 5 saltines, one slice whole grain bread, tsp Hellmann's spicy mustard, one slice turkey breast, one slice cheese, caffeine free Diet Pepsi, water, 2 white russians

9/30/08

B: Small handful of dry Honey Nut Cheerios, water.

L: Slimfast Optima 190 calories

D: small salad with 4 cherry tomatoes, one slice turkey breast (diced), sprinkle of bacon bits, italian dressing, bowl of chicken soup with egg noodles, 5 saltines, caffeine free Diet Pepsi

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you are doing really well. I would keep it up but keep making sure you still get a variety of foods. Also, diet sodas are actually not the best thing- but it shouldn't matter too much if you keep your water intake up too.

If you are looking for a great new diet program, you can try Strip That Fat - http://www.stripthatfatcoupon.com It comes with a diet generator where you type in the foods you like and generate meal plans around that to keep losing weight in a healthy way.

• 1 decade ago

I think the best and healthiest approach is 1-2 lbs a week. That's4- 8 lbs a month, 48 lbs - 96 lbs a Year! I also think you need more protein for lean muscle mass. (Lean meat, chicken, fish 4 oz servings at lunch and dinner) Also more food in general. Try 6 meals a day, you're only going 3 now. I would go crazy in a short time. Enjoy your breakfast too girl. Eat a hand full of nuts every now and then too. I like the whole grains idea and the fruit. you just need more frequency.

• 4 years ago

Stand up and walk atleast 5 mins after evry 2 hours while working

• Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

find out your calorie requirements

• Orpha
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

Never skip evening workouts

• 3 years ago

people who eat breakfast have a better shot at losing and maintaining weight loss

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You're doing amazing! :)

Keep up the good work. If I were you I'd change my breakfast to a big meal and my dinner to a smaller meal though.(it gets your metabolism higher which burns more calories) Also don't forget to do 60 min of good exercise.

peace.

• 4 years ago

45 minute jog at a 10 minute mile pace

• 3 years ago

do your best to ensure you re not eating after 7 o clock at night you re more likely to make unhealthy choices and less likely to sleep as well after a late meal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.