Methadone vs suboxone?

question....ive been on methadone for over five years, been in clinic, i was on oxys for 4 yrs, before that i was taking lortabs for 5 yrs, so ive been an addict for about 13 yrs or so, anyways, the clinic here has raised price to almost 100 dollars a week, cant afford it, so im tapering down 12mgs for 5 wks, thats... show more question....ive been on methadone for over five years, been in clinic, i was on oxys for 4 yrs, before that i was taking lortabs for 5 yrs, so ive been an addict for about 13 yrs or so, anyways, the clinic here has raised price to almost 100 dollars a week, cant afford it, so im tapering down 12mgs for 5 wks, thats all i can afford, then im goin to rehab to switch suboxone, then get it from doc. insurance 40bucks a month, but does suboxone have the same pain killing qualities as methadone does? because i know that methadone is covering up the pain that i have or that i dont even know i have,so is suboxone gonna be a better thing to get on to? i really dont have a choice now but i just want to know what im about to go through...thanks
3 answers 3