After failing to enact the bailout, should we just fire EVERYone running for re-election that voted no?

Wow..I wonder how many of you with the "screw the rich" mentality will feel after the large corp. you work for has to close????????

ps James---no, I have a life.

Favorite Answer

I was thinking we should fire everybody that voted FOR the bill and those responsible for creating the problems in the first place.

I am not a "screw the rich" person. I just don't believe the injection of $700 billion is going to keep the economy from crashing. The money is out there, it's just everyone is sitting on it because they don't trust government. Look at the T-bill investments.

I have been self employed for 21 years and my business depends on the "rich" having the capital to invest. I don't see Congress doing anything to give an incentive so people will invest the money they are sitting on. They should repeal the capital gains tax, get rid of corporate taxes and stop this financial affirmative action of demanding banks give loans to unqualified people.

Actually, I'm voting against Sander Levin for voting yes. The bailout plan as it was written was bad news. 110 pages of fluff, no accountability for the executives and board members of the companies that made the poor financial decisions and will make them again. $700 billion is more than what is spent on NASA in a single year. Let's just tack on another billion and send all those execs and board members out into space, never to return.

• BigD

The representatives who votes no should be called and thanked, not voted out of office.

This bill was bad for our country. The media is hyping all this up by calling it a 'crisis' or a 'meltdown' or 'armageddon' .

The percent drop in the market yesterday was the 17th largest - that means that wall street has had 16 worse days. The DOW is already back up over 200 points today as investors are salivating over the stock feast.

Absolutely not. Have you read the bail out proposal? I have... all 110 pages of it. Not only will the Sec. of the treasury become the most powerful (potentially) man in the land but only 250 billion will be used now and the rest set aside as "discretionary" funds. They did us a favor bub. Do your homework before you shoot off your mouth! Picture an airplane going down in flames. Wall street and congress are taking the only parachute on board and promising to send another back up to the plane for us the taxpayers.

Source(s): I read the bill. Did you?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Actually, we should just stop voting for incumbents, regardless of their political ideology. It would take six years to clean out the house and senate, but, vote out every incumbent, start over with a clean slate. No ruining for reelection, no long term congressional jobs. Maybe then we would get some people that want to serve the country and not their own political end.

• 42

Although we need a bailout package (hold your thumbs-down -- we do), this bill had problems. I'll support anyone in Congress who is adult enough to understand this bailout is the lesser of two evils, but also wise enough to realize that any bill MUST have some sort of taxpayer safeguards built in.

Nobody wants our economy to collapse, and nobody wants these irresponsible CEOs to get off scot-free. We can accomplish both, with the right kind of bill.

No. They need to come up with a better idea. I'm not willing to be taxed in order to bail out big banks/Wall Street. And a majority of Americans are very glad the bill failed.

No, not at all!

This proposal was put together much too quickly. I believe that it failing on the first vote was actually a good thing. Besides, it is my understanding that the general population was not in favor of this bail-out as it was drafted.

No, we should be looking to vote out anyone who voted yes on that monstrosity.

Luckily, I don't work for a large financial company that has no clue how to properly handle money. I'm pretty sure I'll be okay.

No, we should thank them by voting against everyone running for reelection that voted yes.