How safe is a fixed deposit investment in State Bank of India?

State Bank is paying less interest on fixed deposits , while its subsidiaries are paying more interest such as state bank of Bikaner and Jaipur. What is the difference as regards the safety of the fixed deposits. Are they both Nationalised banks?

Favorite Answer

It is safe as far as I calculate.SBI is a strong bank with hidden assets.It has very good business of the Govt and big oil corporations.

It is capitalised adequately.RBI has ownership.Deposit insurance cover is also available.

But the Finance minister and congress are trying to to play the write-off game and waiver game which has harmed the bank very much.This waiver of loans game has harmed all the banks particularly PSU Banks.

Keep deposits in as many banks as possible.It is legally correct. And spreaeep more deposits in the name of Senior citizens in SBI and post offices upto the allowed limits.

Source(s): Financial professional who knows SBI closely.

100% Safe Investment

100% safe investment shall be in the following order, you can blindly invest in these five categories:

1. PPF

2. BANK'S FIXED DEPOSIT

3. TERM INSURANCE/ MEDICLAIM (FOR RISK COVERAGE IMPORTANT)

4. NSC

5. POST OFFICE MIS/RD SCHEME

Some people have risk appetite more than others. They can experiment following investment procedure in small part of their Capital. After successful return you can enhance your exposure, but entire saving should not be invested in this type of investment. Althoug you will get agreement and Security Cheque, still you have to think twice before investing:

“I am an investor in future option. I dedicatedly analyze the Nifty and I am able to make about 15-25% return per annum. I choose only strike price which have good financial performance. I recommend to my clients that keep invested in the markets until unless you really need money. I can work for you as well, which will definitely benefit to you and me as well. I charge 1-2% of total investment .Amount shall be deposited in your Demat Account.. I am updating daily to my clients about value of their investment. My clients are really happy about their returns. Minimum investment would start from Rs. 50000/-. Here the most important point is trust and personalized service. Regards, Agastya 07597012549”

About as safe as unprotected sex with George Michael.