Browser won't redirect to wifi login page?

My laptop is connected to the wifi connection at my school, and normaly the browser redirects to the page where i login so i can use the internet, but it won't go to it. It says the connection is excellent but i can't use the internet because i can't login! Any ideas?

I know how to connect to the network, it's connected but i have to login in order to browse the internet. The login page usually just shows up when i open firefox or ie, but it's not doing that.

Favorite Answer

If you're using Windows, go to the start menu, Connect To and choose Wireless Connection. This will list all available connections.

I will explain the problem: wifi is connect autiomatically to a network and receiving signals. I open a browser to www.something. The browser tries to connect and what it does is showing the login page of that network. but, in my case, OPERA doesn t do that even when I enter the local address 10.23.1.0 it just says "page unavaiable". I need to keep IE because I open IE and the first thing it shows is the login page. I login and opera goes after that and starts working. The question is: why does Opera do that? what is wrong?

Click on the access connections icon on the bottom right, select launch access connections, choose the location of the wifi u wish to connect to and click connect. Also make sure ur wifi radio is powered on (its a switch in the front of most laptops that shows a computer and a computer with waves coming out its side..The one with waves means its on).

None of you are answering the question - its his browser is not redirecting to the hosts login page - why does that happen?

I'm having the same problem on my samsung/ android phone at mcdonalds. My laptop browser directed me automatically to the mcdonalds login screeen, but nothing will work on my phone because i cant find the mcdonalds login screen to hit the "connect" button.

My wifi is connected but i can't find and screen that says "connect"

Please help!

I struggled with this issue for a really long time and finally figured out that it was the pop up blocker on my browser. If you turn that off it should redirect you to the log in page.

• Maybe the school WiFi is down. See if anybody else is having problems.