Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Extreamly Important Question : Wills and SSI : SSD...?

I was given a check for $2K, because my Mother recently passed away, and it was said in her will.

Can I have the $2K ?

Do I really need to tell SSI ?

Do I put it in my bank account, and wait till it clears ?

Would I tell my Payee?

Its personal, should I have to worry about any trouble ?

I So Really need this $$$.

Can I cash it, if it was given to me by my oldest sister ?

Its a 3rd party check, how do you cash a 3rd party check ?

These are just some questions I'd want to put out there, because this is the first time I lost my Mom, and I know she would want me to have the money, and enjoy it, or at least spend it on things I really need, needed.

If you people on Yahoo Answers could help me out, without me stressing too much about it, I mean bad enough I just lost my mom, and the last thing she wanted, was for me to be lonely, or suffer.

Thanx, Admin Ace

* 8 minutes ago

* - 3 days left to answer.

Additional Details

5 minutes ago

If I'm asking in the wrong section, might you suggest where I'm supposed to be or where to ask this specific question

Favorite Answer

You really need to talk to who ever is administering the estate.Each state may have a different set of laws and you don't want to get messed up. There may be a way to set assets so you have the money protected in a certain account, or program.We can all give you a personal perspective, but the real deal comes from your personal state laws. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry about your mom. Some one here might be able to answer your question but you might try posting it in law and ethics.