were doing up our first home...what would you have, a bath, shower or shower over bath???help!xx?

were doing up our first flat and were on a tiny budget, what would you rather have? a bath, a shower or a bath with shower over??

any advice would be great, thanks xx

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

A bath with a shower over it to scrub up and get clean when you're in a hurry.

But do get a bath at all costs!

You can't beat luxuriating in a hot bath and sipping ice cold Coca Cola to refresh you when you're worn out and exhausted!

• 1 decade ago

Have the best of both worlds and get the shower over bath. A showers great for quickness but there really is nothing to beat relaxing in a lovely hot bath (with the obligatory Lush bath bomb chucked in of course!) on a winters night listening to the rain battering off the windows, a drink by your side and a good book, heaven

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go for the shower over the bath. If you ever have a baby, it's much easier if you have a bath. But life's rubbish without a shower for a quick wash for yourself. Best to have both available.

• 1 decade ago

you can enjoy a bath in a crap bath but

you can only enjoy a shower in a great shower

So if you plan just a shower dont cut corners on the quality

Get at least a single power shower or a multi spray set up

If you have water meter probably a shower now will add value too

Source(s): I still love my jaquzzi bath time so have both
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

bath with a shower over it, if you are on a tight budget ge tthe shower that is attached to the bath taps. that way you can still have a shower but without the extra plumbing as it will work off the bath!

not the horrible rubber ones that split and leak but like this one

http://www.homesupply.co.uk/bath_shower_mixer__bri...

• 1 decade ago

i'd say go for a bath with a shower over...best of both worlds! If you're going for an electric shower make sure you get one with more than 10KW of power. Our shower is as good as any powershower and it's electric. Personally I love having the choice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i love a power shower because i dont really like baths

but if you get a baths with a shower head over it, you get the best of both worlds

• 1 decade ago

Bath with a shower! Got rid of my bath and really miss it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You cannot beat a good soak in the bath. My daughters testament to that, she only has a shower in her flat and she comes home once a week for a bath. Enough said ?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your looking to re sell at a later date then it has to be shower over bath good luck with your DIY and enjoy your first home

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.